Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Daphne Car Rental Comparison
Daphne is a small city in Alabama, situated on the eastern shoreline of Mobile Bay. The United States census 2000 lists the population of the city as 16.581, making Daphne the most populous city in Baldwin County. The inhabited history of Daphne dates at least to the Paleo-Indian period and Native American tribes around 9000 BC. Modern Day Daphne is a thriving suburb will have all the amenities of 21st century life. That is why Daphne is a great holiday destination, with a lot of history and beautiful landscapes. The accommodation and venues are diverse, as well as the tourist attractions.
Top Attractions Within Daphne
Hot Wheels Skate Center of Daphne is the place to have lots of fun with your family and friends. There are skating sessions as well as fitness programs, such as Zumba. Hot Wheels specialises in indoor roller skating, birthday parties, private parties. This is a safe, fun and affordable environment for people of all ages. Hot Wheels even offers free wi-fi. It is a great place where you can enjoy yourself, regardless if you are a novice or a professional skater.
Gold Mine Pawn Shop is Alabama's one stop shop for products, cash or tickets. Aside from the Gold Mine Pawn Shop, the venue also provides check cashing services and sell concert tickets via Ticketmaster. Additionally, for the gun enthusiast, there is also an indoor 25 yard climate controlled shooting range for pistol and rifle and blackpowder firearms . There also is a wide range of firearms, ammunition and other gun accessories for all your needs.
Village Point Park Preserve is a great two mile walk down to the bayfront. There is an old live oak tree, which is one of the largest in Alabama. You will enjoy a quiet, peaceful afternoon walking down the trails, hiking, or cycling, that will provide you with a wonderful view of the town. There is also the possibility to visit the D' Olive Cemetery with headstones dating abck to the 1800s.
Top 5 Things to Do in Daphne
The locals collectively call Daphne along with Spanish Fort and Fairhope “The Eastern Shore”. Native Americans originally populated Daphne, a city of 36 sq km, until mid 16th century, before the Spanish exploration. Daphne is the largest city of Baldwin county. It has a well-reputed school education system in Alabama State.
1. Experience “Jubilee” in Daphne! During summers the deep sea crabs, fish and shrimps come towards the shoreline to get more oxygen for breathing. A vigilant visitor can scoop them up from there for a tasty cuisine. This gives the city a unique title of “the Jubilee City”. The activity has become a three-day annual festival in Daphne.
2. Spend time in a park: Daphne Bayfront Park is a beautifully nestled park on the Mobile Bay showcasing its romantic beauty appropriately. It has elegant halls used for wedding receptions, community gatherings and business meetings. It is a good location for an unruffled walk on the walk paths or a leisurely outing.
3. Try delicious seafood: This restaurant is famous for its seafood and is located ideally on the sea front. One can enjoy luscious food while listening to melodious tunes in the most amazing location near the sea.
4. Unwind in a park: Once known as Jackson, Oak Park is the largest park in Daphne. There is a historic cemetery and plenty of wildlife in the estuary.
5. Visit a sports training facility: This is a unique sports training institute that offers both residential as well as long distance learning programs to students, teachers and administrators around the world.
United States, Alabama, United States
Other locations near Daphne