Daphne Car Rental Comparison
Village Point Park Preserve is a great two mile walk down to the bayfront. There is an old live oak tree, which is one of the largest in Alabama. You will enjoy a quiet, peaceful afternoon walking down the trails, hiking, or cycling, that will provide you with a wonderful view of the town. There is also the possibility to visit the D' Olive Cemetery with headstones dating abck to the 1800s.
Top 5 Things to Do in Daphne
The locals collectively call Daphne along with Spanish Fort and Fairhope “The Eastern Shore”. Native Americans originally populated Daphne, a city of 36 sq km, until mid 16th century, before the Spanish exploration. Daphne is the largest city of Baldwin county. It has a well-reputed school education system in Alabama State.
1. Experience “Jubilee” in Daphne! During summers the deep sea crabs, fish and shrimps come towards the shoreline to get more oxygen for breathing. A vigilant visitor can scoop them up from there for a tasty cuisine. This gives the city a unique title of “the Jubilee City”. The activity has become a three-day annual festival in Daphne.
2. Spend time in a park: Daphne Bayfront Park is a beautifully nestled park on the Mobile Bay showcasing its romantic beauty appropriately. It has elegant halls used for wedding receptions, community gatherings and business meetings. It is a good location for an unruffled walk on the walk paths or a leisurely outing.
3. Try delicious seafood: This restaurant is famous for its seafood and is located ideally on the sea front. One can enjoy luscious food while listening to melodious tunes in the most amazing location near the sea.
4. Unwind in a park: Once known as Jackson, Oak Park is the largest park in Daphne. There is a historic cemetery and plenty of wildlife in the estuary.
5. Visit a sports training facility: This is a unique sports training institute that offers both residential as well as long distance learning programs to students, teachers and administrators around the world.