Davenport is a city in the Iowa state that borders the Mississippi River. Also known as Iowa's 'front porch', it is the hub of the metropolitan Quad-cities. Davenport is a city proud of its distinctive legacy at the crossroads of America. It is the only place where the Mississippi flows from east to west. Davenport holds a unique reputation for entertainment.
1. Happy Joe's Jungle Bungle: Visit the 'Taj Mahal' of jungle gyms! It is a perfect place for children's entertainment with many themed facility rentals and a pizza parlor. You will also get to play cool arcade games!
2. Wacky Waters Adventure Park: Take an adventure trip to this theme park which has a lot of rides like the pirate ship, water slides, bumper boats and go-carts. There is also a wave pool and a miniature golf course. 'Wacky Waters' is the best place to have a lot of fun at a nominal rate.
3. IMAX Theater: When visiting Davenport make sure to watch a movie in the world's largest and giant screen theater. Experience the crystal clear, razor sharp, rock steady picture quality and the best sound system. The screen is huge; almost five stories high and seven stories wide. There are more than 270 stadium style seats. You can find out the ticket pricing on the official IMAX website.
4. Miller Time Bowling: Looking for something fun to do with your family or friends? Then do not miss this bowling experience that offers automatic scoring and 'Nite Lite Bowling' a bar, lounge and dance floor for couples. There is also a games room and three banquet rooms.
5. Great Mississippi Valley Fair: If you are visiting the city in time of this event, make sure to be a part of this lively and fun filled dissipation. It is basically a county fair which has a lot to offer from concerts to carnival rides and diving shows. Not to mention all the food vendors with a flare for flavor; the heavenly smell of bacon and chops will lure you towards it.