Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Decatur Car Rental Comparison
Decatur is a city in Lilmestone and Morgan Counties in the state of Alabama. The city is also known as the River City. Decatur Alabama has a population of 55.778 residents, according to the 2006 census. Like many southern cities in the early 19th century, Decatur's early success was based upon its location along a river. Railroad routes and boating traffic pushed the city to the front of North Alabama's economic atmosphere. The city rapidly grew into a large economic fenter within the Tennessee Valley.
Top Attractions Within Decatur Alabama
Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic is held annually on Memorial Day weekend in Decatur Alabama . Each year the Jubilee hosts about 60 local and national hot-air balloons at Point Mallard Park. Public admission is free of charge, and the weekend boasts many fun and exciting activities. There are many activities that you can resort to should you decide to attend the Decatur Hot Air Balloon, such as fireworks extravaganza, an antique tractor show, a children's sports area and food court and marketplace.
Delano Park . The wonderful park is named after the American President Frnaklin Delano Roosevelt and was dedicated is the 1930s by Roosevelt himself. The park has a swimming pool, a children's playground and a ditch with a concrete bridge donated to the parks. There is also the Delano Rose Garden, where tourists can enjoy a quiet afternoon off, enjoying the beauties of nature. The garden had been none existent for decades but was finally rebuilt in junction with the revitalization.
Celebration Area is a 5000 seat indoor located in Decatur Alabama. It is an arena floor that can be used not only for sporting events but also for indoor track meets, rodeos and horse shows, trade shows, flea markets and other special events such as conceerts. One large significance about this arena is that it is only structure that contains a full indoor track. It is a great place to spend some time with your family and friends enjoying the outdoor activities.
Top 5 Things to Do in Decatur
Decatur is a city in Limestone and Morgan Counties in the state of Alabama. The city, known as "The River City", is located in Northern Alabama on the banks of Wheeler Lake, along the Tennessee River.
1. Give your body a make over: To discover a new look from the professionals, a visit to the Deloian New York Spa is in order. Providing creative hair and beauty design and specialty products, it includes full salon service with true stylists and all the amenities. Cut and Color for the similar worth as specialty stores with full color matching to your skin tone.
2. Spend an evening at a theater: The Princess Theatre has been a landmark of Decatur for more than a century. Today, the Princess Theatre once again has an importance showcasing such artists as Ray Charles, Loretta Swit, Cloris Leach man, and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
3. Take the family to a natural science museum: The different animal and insect life on display at the Cook's Natural Science Museum will fascinate Children and adults. It is located just a few minutes drive from downtown Decatur.
4. See a 19th century English church: The St. John's Episcopal Church building including the present nave and chancel region was dedicated in 1893. The interior is designed after Gothic English parish churches.
5. Tour a colonial house: The Wiley House is a classic example of Colonial Revival architecture and features a giant order of central portico, boxed cornice, and wide frieze.
United States, Alabama, United States
Other locations near Decatur