Decatur is a city in Limestone and Morgan Counties in the state of Alabama. The city, known as "The River City", is located in Northern Alabama on the banks of Wheeler Lake, along the Tennessee River.
1. Give your body a make over: To discover a new look from the professionals, a visit to the Deloian New York Spa is in order. Providing creative hair and beauty design and specialty products, it includes full salon service with true stylists and all the amenities. Cut and Color for the similar worth as specialty stores with full color matching to your skin tone.
2. Spend an evening at a theater: The Princess Theatre has been a landmark of Decatur for more than a century. Today, the Princess Theatre once again has an importance showcasing such artists as Ray Charles, Loretta Swit, Cloris Leach man, and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
3. Take the family to a natural science museum: The different animal and insect life on display at the Cook's Natural Science Museum will fascinate Children and adults. It is located just a few minutes drive from downtown Decatur.
4. See a 19th century English church: The St. John's Episcopal Church building including the present nave and chancel region was dedicated in 1893. The interior is designed after Gothic English parish churches.
5. Tour a colonial house: The Wiley House is a classic example of Colonial Revival architecture and features a giant order of central portico, boxed cornice, and wide frieze.