Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Denham Springs Car Rental Comparison
Denham Springs is one of the cities of the Livingston Parish from Louisiana, part of the Baton Rouge Area. Denham Springs is a relatively small town with a population of just 9000 people living on 6 square miles. Established in the 19th century, Denham Springs was previously called Amite Springs and Hill's Springs. The first mayor of the city was George L. Milton who served until 1912. Although a small town, Denham Springs is very intimate and offers a lot of privacy, the main thing a big city cannot offer. If you want to visit this great place in Louisiana, there are a few places not to be missed.
Top Attractions within Denham Springs
The downtown area of Denham Springs is also known as Antique Village and attracts lots of tourists. This area is considered to be the heart of this charming town. On this avenue you can take a walk and peruse great antique stores which offer unique items of antique furniture, old books, vintage textiles and much more. You can choose from over 25 antique stores, all situated on the same lane.
One of the main attractions of Antique Village itself is Heritage House. This place from Denham Springs is absolutely amazing. The building is a two story house that has a history of more than 100 years and on both floors you can find treasures for any house. The antiques here have great prices and the place is opened daily so you can shop 'till you drop while in Denham Springs.
The Denham Springs City Hall was raised in the 1930s and used as a city hall until the 1980s. In 1993, the great building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and in present times, the former Denham Springs City Hall is used a tourism office.
Top 5 Things to Do in Denham Springs
Denham Springs is a city in the state of Louisiana, USA. It was named after one of the original settlers William Denham who settled here in 1827. He discovered a number of mineral springs on his property and people from neighboring cities started coming here when yellow fever was causing deaths in their cities.
1. Relax in a park: This is the largest park in Denham Springs and also the largest one in the park system. It covers an area of over 110 acres. Conveniences of this park include a multi-purpose entertaining center, golf practicing range, jogging tracks, tennis courts, pavilions, playground, soccer fields and baseball fields.
2. Search for antiques: For antique lovers the Antique Village is one of the biggest places to shop. The quality of the antiques and collectibles joined with the experience of the traders makes Antique Village the ideal shopping place for antiques. You will also find many other department stores in the antique village.
3. Visit the original mineral springs: Spring Park is located on River Road and there is a trail, which leads to the several mineral springs for which Denham became famous, the trail leads on to the Amite River.
4. See an unbreakable concrete building: The Old Denham Springs City Hall is a two-story structure built of unbreakable concrete. It stands on a corner just about half a block west of the community's historic main business thoroughfare. Art Deco influences can be seen in the building's exterior and interior detailing.
5. Enjoy a southern home cooked meal: This is a family owned and operated café, serving delicious home cooked Louisiana cuisine. The cafe offers great southern cuisine in a casual, relaxed atmosphere and is a nice place to stop for lunch or supper.
United States, Louisiana, United States
Top depots in Denham Springs
- Enterprise Dnhm Sprng - 1740 S Range Ave, Denham Springs, .
- Hertz Denham Springs - 2626 S Range Ave, Ste 100, Denham Springs, .
Other locations near Denham Springs