Denham Springs is a city in the state of Louisiana, USA. It was named after one of the original settlers William Denham who settled here in 1827. He discovered a number of mineral springs on his property and people from neighboring cities started coming here when yellow fever was causing deaths in their cities.
1. Relax in a park: This is the largest park in Denham Springs and also the largest one in the park system. It covers an area of over 110 acres. Conveniences of this park include a multi-purpose entertaining center, golf practicing range, jogging tracks, tennis courts, pavilions, playground, soccer fields and baseball fields.
2. Search for antiques: For antique lovers the Antique Village is one of the biggest places to shop. The quality of the antiques and collectibles joined with the experience of the traders makes Antique Village the ideal shopping place for antiques. You will also find many other department stores in the antique village.
3. Visit the original mineral springs: Spring Park is located on River Road and there is a trail, which leads to the several mineral springs for which Denham became famous, the trail leads on to the Amite River.
4. See an unbreakable concrete building: The Old Denham Springs City Hall is a two-story structure built of unbreakable concrete. It stands on a corner just about half a block west of the community's historic main business thoroughfare. Art Deco influences can be seen in the building's exterior and interior detailing.
5. Enjoy a southern home cooked meal: This is a family owned and operated café, serving delicious home cooked Louisiana cuisine. The cafe offers great southern cuisine in a casual, relaxed atmosphere and is a nice place to stop for lunch or supper.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Denham Springs. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Denham Springs||Directions to Denham Springs||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|