Denton is the county seat of Denton County, Texas. The city population exceeds 80,000 making it the eleventh largest city in the Dallas, Fort Worth area. Book a cheap car rental at VroomVroomVroom to save time and money. With a car rental, you can easily explore Denton and other neighboring cities. Check out some of its attractions below:
1. Cool off in a water park: When the summer heat really beats down, Water Works is just the cure you need, no matter how young or old you are. The Denton Natatorium water park has four water slides and an enclosed slide plus a splash pool for the kids.
2. Take a stroll in an old district: This neighborhood is perfect for a self-guided walking tour, especially if you are interested in elegant Victorian homes. The streets that make up Denton's Oak-Hickory Historic District are filled with charming old style homes.
3. Gaze up at the stars: For star gazers the Sky Theater Planetarium will let them stare into the heavens like never before at this state-of-the-art facility, located in the Education Science and Technology Building. The theater opened in 1998, and the effects of the stars blazing down from the dome of the planetarium are absolutely wondrous and very realistic. The Sky Theater can accommodate 100 people at a time.
4. Spend a weekend in a park: The Ray Roberts Lake State Park is a terrific place for weekend outings; this recreational lake offers a myriad of activities, from participating in water sports to communing with the great outdoors. The Elm Fork Branch of the lake is a great spot for campers and hikers.
5. Tour a museum: The Courthouse Square Museum houses exhibits related to Denton's history. The facility is located in Denton's historic courthouse, which was constructed in 1896 and is the most prestigious building of the downtown square area. The genealogical information office is also located in the Courthouse.