Deptford Car Rental Comparison: Feel good about your car hire decisions!
Fun Fact: The Deptford Mall is considered as the seventh largest shopping mall in New Jersey.
Top Attractions withinDeptford
Fleisher Art Memorial is an out of the ordinary school and community center for arts that was established in 1898 by Samuel S. Flesher. Since then, the learning institution approached uncommon ways to teach students art. This is the best place to admire great collections of painting, photography, sketches and many more, all realized by the local art students of the Fleisher Art Memorial in Deptford.
Friendship Fire Company Museum is, as the name indicates, a museum dedicated to fire fighting. You can admire pictures of trucks and fires, see hydrants and alarms and watch how an Ahrens-Fox steamer or a Philip Mason pumper was used some time ago.
Old St. Mary's Church is the second oldest Catholic Church in the township of Deptford and it was raised in the 1760s. It is a great building to see and it is considered one of the most beautiful historic buildings in the state.
Top 5 Things to Do in Deptford
Deptford has the distinction of being the place to receive the first 'air mail' letter. This happened in 1793 when Jean-Pierre Blanchard flew a hot air balloon from Philadelphia to Deptford carrying a letter from Abraham Lincoln to be delivered to the owner of the property wherever the hot air balloon landed. The hot air balloon is a logo of the city and the city is proud to be the first city that received an airmail.
1. Go shopping at the seventh largest shopping mall in New Jersey: If one is in the mood for shopping, then a visit to the Deptford Mall is a must. The mall is the largest in South Jersey and there are cinema houses, restaurants and bars close by.
2. Take a ride in a tram: In close by Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Trolley and Carriage Works Company offers daily tours in their historic trolleys and double Decker buses. They also offer horse drawn carriage rides. These are really nice ways to explore the city.
3. Visit an aquarium: The New Jersey State Aquarium shark tunnel is unique. As visitors walk through it, they are followed by the hungry looks of all types of sharks. One can also swim with them if one is daring enough. Of course this activity is done with an expert. So here is a chance to touch a live shark.
4. Spend some time with Mother Nature: The Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge is a wonderful place to go out with children. They will get a chance to see wild animals from close up and see them living in their natural habitats. It is a great learning experience.
5. See how glass making started in America: A visit to Wheaton Village for a tour in the history of glass making, as this is one of the places in America where this art started. One can see glassmakers make different glassware items and one can also make purchases from the stores located in this village.