Derby Car Rental Comparison
Top Attraction within Derby
Derby Historical Museum was established only in 1995 in a building which was raised in 1952 to serve as a school. The splendid artifacts in the museum depict the history of the town and all items were raised from Derby citizens since the museum opened. The rooms you can visit include Buttons and Dolls, Farm Equipment, Music Room, Military Room, School Room, Doctor's Office and many more.
Rock River Rapids is a great aquatic park you can visit all year long in Derby. A promoter of exercise and health, Rock River Rapids prides with the use of five gallons of sunscreen in every summer for all employees. Other fun fact you should know about this place in Derby is that it is so attractive that since the opening in 2004 it received over one million visitors, so do not miss it yourself.
Derby Skate Park is one of the greatest skate parks in the area. It is the place where the local pool used to be years ago and it has great success since it was converted into this great park for exercising.
Top 5 Things to Do in Derby
Derby in Kansas may be better known by its previous name El Paso. At the year 2000 census, the population of this suburb was less than 20,000. Derby is a town of Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas.
1. Visit an aquatic park: The Rock River Rapids Aquatic Park is situated in Derby. The park is open during the summer and has all the attractions that one expects from an aquatic park. There are water slides, wave pools and plenty of places to swim. It is a great place to spend a day with the children who will be totally enthralled with it.
2. Go bowling: The Derby Bowl is a great bowling alley for those who enjoy the sport. One can enjoy an evening of bowling with family and friends. It has been highly rated for its scoring system and family atmosphere.
3. Watch a movie: Spend an evening at a movie theater; the VBC Enterprise Movie Theater LLC is a great place to watch a favorite movie in.
4. Watch craftsman create glass: A visit to the Karg Factory where the art of making glass and glassware is still practiced. It is a wonderful experience watching these craftsmen carry out this ancient craft and seeing an object of beauty being created in your presence.
5. See Egyptian mummies and dinosaurs: The Museum of World Treasures has 12 dinosaurs and artifacts from Roman and Egyptian history on display. There are two Egyptian mummies that one can see. The museum has a number of other items dating back to the Civil War on display.