Touring With a Reliable Car Rental in Des Moines is More Fun
VroomVroomVroom can help you compare all available rental cars in Des Moines from top car rental agencies such as Enterprise and Hertz. Choose from car hire locations across Des Moines and enjoy the additional flexibility and comfort when you book with us.
Des Moines is the capital of the State of Iowa and one of the most populated cities of Iowa. It got its name from the River Des Moines, which in French means “River of the Monks”. The city is known for being the main center of the financial world and insurance services. It was ranked as the fourth best places to do business in 2007. Being the state's capital, there is plenty to see and do in this city.
Why rent a car in Des Moines at VroomVroomVroom?
Here are a few reasons why our customers want to book through us.
- There are no booking and modification fees. You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- Save time and money - You can rent a car in an instant and talk to our friendly customer care experts anytime you want. In addition, we offer discounted rates that's why you are sure of snagging a good deal.
- Best rates guaranteed - We have negotiated with major rental car suppliers so we can provide the best rates to our customers. Read our Price Promise for more information.
- Outstanding customer assistance: You can get help from our highly-motivated customer care experts who can be reached via email, chat or on the phone. Make sure to contact us today.
Best time to visit in Des Moines
Driving tips in Des Moines
If you are looking for one of the most affordable out-of-stateholiday, Des Moines is the place to be. Cities and towns near Des Moine include Ames, West Des Moines, Urbandale, Ankeny, Newton, Pella, Marshalltown and Fort Dodge. The driving time from Des Moines, IA to Urbandale, IA via I-235 W is only 15 minutes (8.1 mi) ) or less if you drive non-stop in a rental car.
Top Things to do in Des Moines
1. Learning science: The Science Center of Iowa and IMAX Theater are two great experiences for children. Here they can see how science works, with the center staff helping with the conduction of experiments. Children can also learn about the solar system, and not only do they get lessons in science, but they actually participate in them.
2. Chocolate tasting: Visit the East Village where chocolate tasting takes place every evening and then see the chocolate ballet. This is an exciting way to spend an evening as the experience is quite unusual.
3. Visit a farmer market: Every Saturday the farmers from around the city bring their wares for sale to the Downtown Farmer's Market. One can buy fresh fruit, vegetables and pastries. They also have home made wines and cheese plus handicrafts that can be purchased.
4. Take a roller coaster ride: The Advetureland Amusement park has over 100 rides and there is something for the whole family to do over here. It is divided into different sections and requires more than a day for one to be able to visit all the sections of the park.