Downers Grove is situated just west of Chicago in DuPage County and is an affluent town. There is plenty to do in Downers Grove and should one want to visit, there are frequent train and bus services running to and fro.
1. Visit a grinding mill: There is a water mill that still grinds corn with a water stream that turns its paddles. The local people wear the same kind of dress that was worn in1860 as they demonstrate their skills at spinning yarn and weaving cloth. A visit here is a tour of 19th century history.
2. Take a leisurely stroll through an arboretum: With over 3,000 trees and shrubs from all over the world which have been planted in this beautifully landscaped arboretum, the Morton Arboretum is worth visiting. The trails and paths hold many surprises for the visitor.
3. Tour the gardens and mansion of a 1950s home: The 500 acre estate of late Col. Robert R. McCormick looks the same as it used to in the fifties. The mansion and the gardens are a show piece of the grandeur in which this gentleman lived.
4. Look at some endangered species: A visit to the Brookfield Zoo is an eye opener as there are over 2,700 animals that live in this zoo and have been brought here from all over the world. Some endangered species are also to be found in this zoo.
5. See vintage cars: Every week end owners of classic and vintages cars gather informally and show their prize possessions to the public. Car buffs will really enjoy seeing some of these classical beauties, which have been lovingly maintained by their owners.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Downers Grove. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Downers Grove||Directions to Downers Grove||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|