The Washington Dulles area is actually located in suburban Virginia to the south of the nation's capital. It features one of the busiest airports in the United States and is the home of several interesting sites. Here are five things you must do in the Washington Dulles area.
Brookstone is one of the shopping facilities located around the airport in Dulles. Here people can purchase whatever they want for their trips and vacations, as there are a lot of items dedicated to traveling in style and comfort. In addition to this, you may also purchase souvenirs and gifts for the loved ones back home. The items for sale are placed in several categories: gifts, electronics, massage, decorations, pet supplies, games, bath, travel, bedroom and others.
The National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is the largest museum and Smithsonian branch around Dulles. Located near the Dulles area, the museum is dedicated to do aviation and space artifacts and collections. All the artifacts of the Smithsonian collections have found their home here, near to this region where flying and air programs have a special place. People come to this museum to admire aircrafts from all periods of time, to witness the history and the development of the flight on American soil.
Sully Park is one of the many parks located around the city airport area. This may be one of those places where you can spend some quite time, while waiting for a plane to land or it could be one of the first things for you to visit after landing in Dulles. The park includes sport fields, pavilions for picnics and barbecues, children's playgrounds and many trails and benches.
Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center is a high-end mall, near Dulles. You can purchase all the necessary items for your trip here, take advantage of the many sales offered and of the discount stores. You can buy anything, from groceries and clothes to electronic and technical equipment.
5 Things You Must Do
1. Watch airplanes take off and land at Washington Dulles Airport. If you can find a window facing a landing strip, you can sip your favorite beverage while watching the airliners take off and land in this busy and vibrant airport.
2. Take the metro into the nation's capital. Washington DC's vast subway system, known as the “Metro” has stops as far out as this area in Virginia. Buy a ticket and take it to Georgetown for a special meal or take in some of Washington's historic sites.
3. Go a round of Golf at Herndon Centennial Golf Course. This premiere golf course is just minutes away from Washington Dulles Airport. It features 18 perfectly-sculpted holes, a driving range and PGA Pro instruction.
4. Take in a swim at the Herndon Community Center. This vast community center features sports for everyone, including an Olympic-sized pool, a fitness gym and a sauna. Challenge a friend to a lively game of racquetball in one of the center's several courts.
5. Visit the Herndon Festival. Time your visit to take in the Herndon Festival, usually held just after Memorial Day. Watch community parades and take in local art booths and activities designed for families to share.