Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Eagan Car Rental Comparison
Eagan is located in the Dakota County, in the State of Minnesota. As part of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan Area, Eagan is a very large community, numbering over 64,000 inhabitants. Eagan was established in 1860 and was later incorporated in 1972.
Top Attractions within Eagan
The Cascade Bay is the best place to be in during warm summer days in Eagan. The huge water park is located near the Civic Center and it is opened to everyone. People come here to relax, take a swim, dive through one of the great slides and sunbathe. There are several swimming pools, so that children can have an area of their own, where the water is not extremely deep. The grounds also incorporate a snack bar, which will allow you to purchase everything you need for your family and will be able to spend the entire day here.
The Eagan Art House is the major contributor to the cultural development of the people living or visiting in Eagan. Here you can admire a wide range of collections and exhibitions of all kinds and from all domains. The Art House hosts several classes for those interested in learning more about arts and culture, for those who want to learn techniques and basics of art creation and for those who want to be involved in the promotion and propagation of the cultural values of the community.
The Eagan Parks come to a great number of about 54 venues. All the parks include several sports fields, children's playgrounds, special areas for events and concerts, trails and many more. People in Eagan love to spend time outdoors and you will surely like it to if you visit the city, as, during the weekends, it seems like all the activities and the life of the place move towards the parks. You can play football, soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, volleyball and tennis pretty much anywhere around the parks. After these active games, you can choose to rent some of the available pavilions for you and your family or friends to host barbecues and picnics.
Top 5 Things to Do in Eagan
Eagan, Minnesota is the eighth largest city in Minnesota and is part of Dakota County. This 32.3 square mile town is located 15 miles southeast of downtown Minneapolis. Money Magazine rated Eagan as the 12th best place to live in the United States in 2006.
1. Cool off at Cascade Bay Water Park: This outdoor water park features twisting and turning slides, a lazy river, and Sandpiper Beach. A fun time for the entire family awaits you at Cascade Bay. For more information on the Water Park click on the link.
2. Go ice skating: During the winter the Eagan Parks and Recreation Department has ice rinks at 14 different parks in the city. Some rinks are hockey rinks other are for pleasure ice skating only.
3. Visit the Eagan Civic Arena: Many events are scheduled throughout the year at the civic arena ranging from home and garden shows to dog shows. The arena also houses an indoor ice rink where they have scheduled open skating and hockey times. Equipment rental is available.
4. Have a â€œblastâ€ at the Eagan Community Center: If the Minnesota weather is too cold for you head to the Eagan Community Center where the entire family can have hours of fun. â€œThe Blastâ€ is an indoor children's playground located at the Eagan Community Center. This playground features slides, tunnel and suspension bridges revolving around a space theme. The Eagan Community Center also houses a fitness center. Purchase a daily pass for $10 and you are entitled to use all equipment, participate in fitness classes that day, and use the gymnasiums.
5. Go snow tubing: Trap Farm Park in Eagan is the perfect place to go snow tubing in the winter. They have a wonderful hill that is perfect for sledding and tubing. Other amenities in the park include a canoe launch, fishing dock, walking path, playfield, playground, and pavilion. For more information on the Park click on the link.
United States, Minnesota, United States
Other locations near Eagan