Eagan, Minnesota is the eighth largest city in Minnesota and is part of Dakota County. This 32.3 square mile town is located 15 miles southeast of downtown Minneapolis. Money Magazine rated Eagan as the 12th best place to live in the United States in 2006.
1. Cool off at Cascade Bay Water Park: This outdoor water park features twisting and turning slides, a lazy river, and Sandpiper Beach. A fun time for the entire family awaits you at Cascade Bay. For more information on the Water Park click on the link.
2. Go ice skating: During the winter the Eagan Parks and Recreation Department has ice rinks at 14 different parks in the city. Some rinks are hockey rinks other are for pleasure ice skating only.
3. Visit the Eagan Civic Arena: Many events are scheduled throughout the year at the civic arena ranging from home and garden shows to dog shows. The arena also houses an indoor ice rink where they have scheduled open skating and hockey times. Equipment rental is available.
4. Have a â€œblastâ€ at the Eagan Community Center: If the Minnesota weather is too cold for you head to the Eagan Community Center where the entire family can have hours of fun. â€œThe Blastâ€ is an indoor children's playground located at the Eagan Community Center. This playground features slides, tunnel and suspension bridges revolving around a space theme. The Eagan Community Center also houses a fitness center. Purchase a daily pass for $10 and you are entitled to use all equipment, participate in fitness classes that day, and use the gymnasiums.
5. Go snow tubing: Trap Farm Park in Eagan is the perfect place to go snow tubing in the winter. They have a wonderful hill that is perfect for sledding and tubing. Other amenities in the park include a canoe launch, fishing dock, walking path, playfield, playground, and pavilion. For more information on the Park click on the link.