Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
East Alton Car Rental Comparison
East Alton is located in the Madison County, in the State of Illinois. As a fairly large village, East Alton has a population of over 6,800 inhabitants. East Alton has grown rapidly and developed economically since the establishment of the Olin Company here, bringing employment opportunities and other major services to the community.
Top Attractions within East Alton
The Spencer T. Olin Community Golf Courseis located near East Alton and is the most important and largest golf club in the region. It has many facilities and establishments that make playing golf into an unique experience and that give you the feeling of playing like a professional. The grounds are really wonderful and amazing in natural landscape. Training lessons can be taken here for those who want to improve their game from a beginner or an intermediate level. The Spencer T. Olin Community Golf Course is the home of private and public tournaments and other major events revolving around the game of golf.
The Wood River Soccer Skate Park is another sporting venue near East Alton. People may come here to rent fields for soccer and trails for skating. It is a great park for the residents and the visitors of East Alton as well, because here your can arrange all sorts of matches and games, meet new people and enroll yourself in various competitions. The entire family can have a lot of fun at the Wood River Soccer Skate Park as there are activities suitable for all ages and tastes. Residents and nonresidents of East Alton may participate in sporting competitions and tournaments here, if they meet all the safety and health requirements that are mandatory for them.
The Wood River Plaza Shopping Center, near East Alton, is the biggest retail venue for the communities in this region. People come here for massive shopping sprees, especially during sales and discount periods. In addition to this, the visitors are mostly attracted at this mall by the fact that it covers all sorts of budgetary needs and that you can buy anything you wish for in only one place.
Top 5 Things to do in East Alton
East Alton a village in Madison County, Illinois started as a railroad station and when a small manufacturing unit started operations in it, the village grew into a large thriving community and town and there are plenty of attractions and things to do here.
1. Golfers dream come true: Spencer T. Olin Golf Course was the host of the 1999 USGA Public Links Championship and the course has PROLINK (on cart computer yardage system). So golfers get a chance to play on the same course where the pros have played.
2. Take a tour of a haunted mansion: The McPike Mansion was constructed in 1869 and is rumored to be haunted. One can visit the grounds and sit by the campfire, listening to ghost stories or discuss the architectural styles of bygone days.
3. Pay a visit to a monument: The Lovejoy Monument was constructed in memory of Elijah P. Lovejoy, who was murdered because of his belief in free press.
4. Visit the square where Abraham Lincoln and A. Douglas had their last senatorial debate in 1858 and appropriately, it has been named the Lincoln/Douglas square. The details of the debate are displayed on a plaque at the square.
5. Visit a village: The Robert Wadlow Statue is a quaint village and one of the most charming places in America. Walking around in it, one can feel the warmth of the place, with the serene surroundings making people feel relaxed and at ease. The entire village is on the National Heritage Register.
United States, Illinois, United States
Other locations near East Alton