East Alton a village in Madison County, Illinois started as a railroad station and when a small manufacturing unit started operations in it, the village grew into a large thriving community and town and there are plenty of attractions and things to do here.
1. Golfers dream come true: Spencer T. Olin Golf Course was the host of the 1999 USGA Public Links Championship and the course has PROLINK (on cart computer yardage system). So golfers get a chance to play on the same course where the pros have played.
2. Take a tour of a haunted mansion: The McPike Mansion was constructed in 1869 and is rumored to be haunted. One can visit the grounds and sit by the campfire, listening to ghost stories or discuss the architectural styles of bygone days.
3. Pay a visit to a monument: The Lovejoy Monument was constructed in memory of Elijah P. Lovejoy, who was murdered because of his belief in free press.
4. Visit the square where Abraham Lincoln and A. Douglas had their last senatorial debate in 1858 and appropriately, it has been named the Lincoln/Douglas square. The details of the debate are displayed on a plaque at the square.
5. Visit a village: The Robert Wadlow Statue is a quaint village and one of the most charming places in America. Walking around in it, one can feel the warmth of the place, with the serene surroundings making people feel relaxed and at ease. The entire village is on the National Heritage Register.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at East Alton. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to East Alton||Directions to East Alton||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|