East Brunswick Car Rental Comparison: Book with us for the best car hire at the lowest possible price!
Did you know that East Brunswick was the site of the 1973 Turnpike Exit 9 shootout?
Fun Fact: The Two Tower Complex, which is composed of two 23-story office building and a 15-story Hilton Hotel, are among the tallest structures in central New Jersey.
Top Attractions within East Brunswick
The Community Arts Center is a multi-purpose facility dedicated to all manifestations of arts in East Brunswick. Here people can choose from: the Playhouse 22, the East Brunswick Community Theater and the Performing Arts Center. Thus, it is very easy for anyone to find a cultural program to their liking here and to enjoy a few hours of artistic delight. The two theater companies have both staged and still are staging the entire variety of genres in plays, such as comedies, dramas, musicals and thrillers.
The Tamarack Golf Course is the single golfing facility of East Brunswick. Golf players have the opportunity to enjoy the professional venue and its equipments. Many local tournaments have been organized at the Tamarack Golf Club, bringing reputed players to the city of East Brunswick, as well as numerous spectators. For those who are passionate about golf, but lack the necessary training for competitions, there are available classes to be taken that will transform you and your game in just a few sessions.
The County Fair Grounds of the Middlesex County Fair is the place that lights up and entertains the residents and nonresidents of the East Brunswick region. During this festivities, many ceremonies and activities are organized, to the delight of the participants. People from all over the county come here to witness great performances, shows and spectacles, to enter competitions, to have delicious food from the local cuisine and go on all the fun rides and slides. The nights are dominated by concerts and the chance to go on one of the crazy rides brought to the city by the organizers.
Top 5 Things to do in East Brunswick
Located near the Raritan River in Middlesex County, New Jersey is East Brunswick Township. It started as a small farming village in the early 19th century when white settlers arrived in this area and it was only after World War II that housing, road construction and other township development started here.
1. Visit weird places: The famous Weird NJ magazine was started here by Mark Moran and Mark Sceurman and has become quite popular. Pick up a copy or ask a local and they will guide any visitor to some of these weird sites that include abandoned homes, prisons, etc.
2. Spend an evening at a theater: Playhouse 22 stages many musicals, comedies, and some original works where one can spend a pleasant evening watching a performance.
3. Relax in a park: There are several developed parks in East Brunswick and one can spend time in any one of them playing tennis, roller skating, etc or watching a local game of hangball. One can also take walks or hike, bike in these parks which have beautiful settings.
4. Play some golf: There are four golf courses in East Brunswick and a golfer can always go out and play their favorite game at any one of these. The golf courses are Tamarack, County Fair Grounds, Giarmese Farm and Lake-View Day Camp.
5. Go bowling: There is an AMF Bowling Center located in East Brunswick where one can spend a pleasant evening bowling in the relaxing atmosphere of this center.