Located near the Raritan River in Middlesex County, New Jersey is East Brunswick Township. It started as a small farming village in the early 19th century when white settlers arrived in this area and it was only after World War II that housing, road construction and other township development started here.
1. Visit weird places: The famous Weird NJ magazine was started here by Mark Moran and Mark Sceurman and has become quite popular. Pick up a copy or ask a local and they will guide any visitor to some of these weird sites that include abandoned homes, prisons, etc.
2. Spend an evening at a theater: Playhouse 22 stages many musicals, comedies, and some original works where one can spend a pleasant evening watching a performance.
3. Relax in a park: There are several developed parks in East Brunswick and one can spend time in any one of them playing tennis, roller skating, etc or watching a local game of hangball. One can also take walks or hike, bike in these parks which have beautiful settings.
4. Play some golf: There are four golf courses in East Brunswick and a golfer can always go out and play their favorite game at any one of these. The golf courses are Tamarack, County Fair Grounds, Giarmese Farm and Lake-View Day Camp.
5. Go bowling: There is an AMF Bowling Center located in East Brunswick where one can spend a pleasant evening bowling in the relaxing atmosphere of this center.