Edgemont is an unincorporated community in the state of Pennsylvania, nearby bordering the capital city of Harrisburg. According to the 2010 census, the community alongside the township of Susquehanna counted 24.036 residents. With its wonderful landscapes and historical places, Edgemont is a quiet peaceful resort where you can spend your short holiday or weekend getaway. There is a wide range of venues, accommodation and other amenities that make Edgemont a great holiday destination.
Top Attractions Within Edgemont
Tyler Arboretum. One of the oldest arboretum in north-eastern United States, Tyler Arboretum is located near Edgemont and it consists in 650 acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings and 20 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands and meadows. The Arboretum offers workshops, classes and tours for adults and children throughout the year. The Arboretum is open all year round and it gives tourists the opportunity to learn about natural living systems.
Ridley Creek State Park. Located near Edgemont, the State Park encompasses more than 2000 acres of woodlands and meadows. Within the park boundaries, there is a small 18th century village that grew up around the site of a mill. The mansion that resides there is a wonderful place to visit should you want to learn more things about the history of Edgemont and the surrounding area. It is a wonderful place to spend the afternoon with your family and friends.
The American Helicopter Museum is a museum dedicated to the development of the rotary wing aircraft. Each year, the museum hosts thousands of visitors, school groups, families and senior citizens. Adults as well as children have the opportunity to come and see many models of helicopters, the mechanisms of the air crafts and to learn more interesting things about the efforts of the pioneers.
Bryn Mawr Film Institute is a community theatre founded in 2002 and it provides opportunities for the locals and tourists alike to meet, learn, share ideas and develop talents and understanding through the catalyst of the film. It is a very pleasant way of spending the day learning more about the film industry.
Located in an area where several events changed history, Edgemont, PA offers a variety of things to do that can appeal to everyone from nature lovers to the historical enthusiast.
1) Visit Ridley State Park: Ridley State Park has a variety of things to do including camping, fishing, cross-country skiing, sledding, hiking and horseback riding. The hiking trails are 12 miles in length and there is a separate 5 mile loop for walkers, joggers and cross-country skiers.
2) Step back in time at the Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation: This plantation is located in Ridley State Park but is a day trip all in itself. With its period homes and volunteers in period clothing, visitors can get a real sense of what it was like to live in the 1700's and how things were done back then.
3) Visit Kreutz Creek Vineyards: This vineyard is open daily with a few holiday exceptions. There are 18 wines produced at this vineyard and tasting is available. Wine can be purchased by the glass or bottle and specialty food is offered as well.
4) Linvilla Orchards: Here visitors can purchase fresh fruits and vegetables that were grown at Linvilla or they can even pick their own. Visitors will also find flowers, fresh baked bread, cakes, pies and a variety of other items. A play area is also available for children while parents shop.
5) The Scott Arboretum: Admission is free to this 110-acre Arboretum where visitors can walk among flower collections from dawn to dusk. Visitors can tour the gardens by downloading a map to view the various collections or by calling into the Arboretum office for more information.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Edgemont. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Edgemont||Directions to Edgemont||Latitude||Longitude|
|King Of Prussia||8/14||Directions||40.08927||-75.39602|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|