Edina, a city in Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States is a nice spot for spending a peaceful vacation with your family. Edina was first a part of Richfield Township, but it underwent a major development until today.
Top Attractions within Edina
The Edina Park and Recreation Department is located in Edina and includes more than 44 parks. The park is perfect for family gathers and has many facilities meant to create a relaxing atmosphere, which is great during a vacation. Here, tourists will find football, softball, baseball and soccer facilities and special areas with tennis courts. Besides, the park houses a playground area and equipment, picnic facilities and special pathways for walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing as well as bicycling, so everyone can stay fit, active and having a lot of fun.
Southdale Center in Edina is a commercial area filled with many shops and opened in 1956. Today, the building has been renovated and extended, having an area of 1,300, 000 square feet and here was hosted the premiere of the film called "Seven Pounds" in 2008. It is a place perfect for shopping and for buying souvenirs for your family.
50th & France is also situated in Edina and is a very nice commercial area, including various shops as well as salons, spa, restaurants, a grocery store and a multiplex art-house film theater, so as you can see, you and your family can do a lot of things in one place.
Westin Hotels & Resorts in Edina, United States is a nice hotel with a long and interesting history. It is owned by Starwood Hotels&Resorts Worldwide and the building is fabulous, as well as the offered services, facilities and rooms.
Edina Art Center dates since 1977 and its main purpose was always to support the creative life of the community and to encourage artists to express their perspectives and personality through art. The center provides art lessons, workshops and hosts many exhibitions of local and international artists. There is also a shop with sculptures, jewelry, cards and other art objects that will be perfect as gifts.
Edina, MN is a small community of 47,000 people located just outside of the Twin Cities. With its welcoming and friendly people, Edina makes everyone feel at home while offering a variety of things to do.
1) Arneson Acres: This 13.2 acre park offers visitors a tour of 28 gardens that displays flowers that are native to the area. Each garden is usually named after the flowers which it contains.
2) Centennial Lake Park: This park has 1.5 miles of paved pathway for walkers, joggers or anyone who wants to enjoy the outdoors. The lake covers ten acres and during the winter months, a portion of the Lake is turned into an outdoor ice skating area.
3) Warm up at the Edinborough Park in the dead of winter: This is the area's most unique indoor park. This one acre park has over 6,000 trees, plants, and flowers. There is an Olympic swimming pool, running track, fitness area, and playground. There is also a 250-seat amphitheatre.
4) Breamar Arena: This ice skating arena features three indoor, regulation size ice sheets. The facility is available for group rentals, open skating, adult/ youth hockey and figure skating. The arena is also home to the Breamar- City of Lakes Figure Skating Club as well as the Edina Hornets.
5) Visit the Edina Art Center: The Edina Art Center features rolling exhibits throughout the year of artists from around the world. Openings and receptions for the artists and collections are held from 5-8pm. The Art Center also has studios for rent.