Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Securing a Top Car Rental in Edison is Easy
Edison is a township in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States. Edison was voted as one of the best places to live in the United States, but is also a great spot for a holiday destination. It was also considered one of the best places where to grow up, so Edison has a huge potential. Edison, NJ, which was named one of the best places to live by Money Magazine, offers visitors and residents alike the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of history. The town only covers 32 square miles, but offers many things to do.
Top Attractions within Edison
The Thomas Edison Center at Menio Park is also known as the Menio Park Museum Tower and it is a MUST. This attraction represents a memorial to Thomas Alva Edison, a famous inventor and businessman, who set up his laboratory and home in Edison. The memorial dates since 1938 and presents the inventor's creations such as many light bulbs and a phonograph. In addition, the museum showcases many pictures of him, his family and other inventions that he conceived during his life.
Roosevelt Park is situated in Edison, New Jersey, United States and has many picnic facilities, as well as grills and special fields for playing baseball, soccer, basketball and tennis. The park was a part of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Works Progress Administration. A huge advantage and also an interesting fact is that this place provides sporting opportunities for people suffering from physical problems or other problems, so this way, they have the possibility to have fun and relax. Recreation facilities also consist of jogging, walking and hiking trails and a path around a man-made lake that makes the place even more beautiful that it already is.
The Dismal Swamp is a fascinating ecosystem located nearby Edison and other towns such as South Plainfield and Metuchen. The entire swamp has about 650 acres and houses many animal and plant species, even the loggerhead snake, which is endangered and close to extinction. Regarding birds, here live more than 165 species. The spot is ideal for spending time in the heart of nature and for relaxing. The swamp is great for families and also for groups of friends that are looking for tranquility and relaxation.
Top 5 Things to Do in Edison
1) See a play in the park: Now in its 46th season, Plays in the Park is staging productions such as “The Producers”. Plays take place under the stars and usually begin at 8:30 pm. Admission begins at a mere five dollars for adults.
2) Step back in time at The Thomas Alva Edison Memorial Tower and Menlo Park Museum: At this museum, visitors will get to view a collection of Edison's many inventions. The site of the tower is actually the first modern day research-and-development lab and was once owned by Edison. While here, he received 400 patents on a variety of items such as the electric railroad car. Admission is free.
3) Spend some time at the Art Gallery: The Edison Arts Society presents art collections on a year-round basis. Upcoming exhibitions include the Freeze Frame Photography Exhibit. Call the Arts Society for information on admission fees and opening hours.
4) Go to the Symphony: The Edison Symphony Orchestra has 70 members and puts on several performances every year. It is not uncommon for the orchestra to host world renowned performers and tickets for these events sell fast.
5) Spend the day at the park: Edison, NJ is home to over twenty different parks. Each park has a variety of activities, most coming with playgrounds and picnic areas. Contact the Parks and Recreation Department for more information.
United States, New Jersey, United States
Other locations near Edison