Book with El Monte Car Rentals and save!
Did you know that El Monte is historically is known as "The End of the Santa Fe Trail"?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Fish Covery Aquarium
#2 thing to do: Bike Rite
#3 thing to do: Pinatas World
Fun Fact: El Monte was literally an oasis or island in the middle of the arid San Gabriel Valley.
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz
Top 5 Things to Do in El Monte
El Monte, with a population of 120,000 is a mere 12 miles from Los Angeles and is considered to be the hub of the San Gabriel Valley. Throughout the years, the city has worked hard to provide its citizens and visitors with a safe and culturally rich place to live and play.
1) El Monte Historical Museum: This museum which is managed by the El Monte Historical Society, displays historical relics from the town dating back to the 1900s, which includes some interesting clothes and furniture displays. There is also a 1900's schoolroom and a Victorian-era parlor.
2) Go swimming at the Aquatic Center: The Aquatic Center has three different Olympic size pools. It also offer scuba classes in addition to swimming classes and open swim.
3) Have a breath of fresh air at one of the El Monte's nine parks: El Monte is home to nine different parks that range in size from 1.5 acres to 10 acres. Amenities include playgrounds, picnic tables, wading pools and walking trails.
4) Mission San Gabriel Arcangel: This mission was built in 1806 in the Moorish style. Throughout history it has survived several earthquakes and owns parchments as well as books that date back to the 15th century. Presently, it is on the National Register of Deeds and has an active parish.
5) Pio Pico State Historical Park: This historical park contains the home of California's last governor, which was under Mexican rule until 1846 when the US took over the state. Pico had a rich cultural history from Spanish, African, Indian and Italian settlers.