Elk Grove Village is a charming municipality located in the state of Illinois, more exactly in Cook County and DuPage County. The village is very close to Chicago, as it is adjacent to O'Hare International Airport, the main airport serving the area. Elk Grove Village was incorporated in 1956 and has developed hugely ever since, becoming the largest consolidated business park in North America, with more than 3.600 businesses located here. As for the population, there are 32.745 people living in Elk Grove Village, according to the 2010 census. Elk Grove Village is home to a small herd of elk, as you have probably figured out from its name. A particularly interesting fact about Elk Grove Village is that it has a sister city in Italy: Termini Imerese, Sicily.
Top Attractions in Elk Grove Village
The Pirates' Cove Theme Park is a wonderful amusement park, that every member of the family will love. Children will like this fun filled place in particular, because it is intended especially for them. There are many features and attractions here in the park, including a climbing wall, train ride, paddle boats and picnic areas, so that everyone will gave a good time.
Rainbow Falls is a water park which will please the heart of every visitor. You will find here three giant water slides, a drop slide, vortex pool, tot pool and an amazing three story funhouse with a plunge pool. Picnic areas are also available, so there is nothing standing in your way. You will spend here a great day, having fun and relaxing.
The Elk Grove Farmhouse Museum designates the oldest farmhouse in Elk Grove Village. The museum also displays numerous collections of artefacts, as the farming industry was very developed in the early days of Elk Grove Village.
Fox Run Golf Links is the best place to visit if you are a golf passionate. You will be provided with an excellent golfing experience, no matter the training level, as the 18-hole golf course is exquisite. Those who do not know how to play can admire the beautiful surroundings.
Elk Grove Village is situated next to O'Hare International Airport and Chicago city, and was incorporated in 1956. Elk Grove Village is home to a small group of elk that are kept in a grove in Busse Woods forest preserve. It is also known to have the biggest consolidated business park in America.
1. Take the children to a zoo: The Cosley Zoo has a number of domestic animals and the children can pat and play with them. Llamas, goats and a number of other animals can be seen moving around freely here and one can also walk through a barn.
2. Check out books and magazines at a library: The Elmhurst Public Library started in 1916 with just 830 books and today is one of the best equipped libraries with computers that access the library database that has thousands of books and magazines stored in it.
3. See the changes of natural beauty: A visit to the Chicago Botanic Park is the place to see the wonders of nature and plants changing with the seasons. The park is a superb place to visit at any time of the year.
4. Go under water at an aquarium: A visit to the Shedd Aquarium makes one feel that they are walking on the ocean floor as sharks and other fish swim close by. See first hand how the trainers train the marine mammals.
5. Play a round of golf: There are a number of beautifully maintained golf courses around Elk Grove and golfers can catch up on their favorite sport.