Compare Deals to Find a Reliable and Cheap Car Rental in Elkton
Elkton is a small city and the county seat of Cecil County, Maryland, located in the United States of America. The city was formerly named Head of Elk, thanks to the Elk River passing by and more recently it was nicknamed Gretna Green of the West and the Elopement Capital of the East Coast, due to the high number of eloping couples that came here until a state law was given, asking for a 48 hours long waiting period. Elkton was settled in 1694 by Swedish living in the area and incorporated in 1787. Elkton has its share of famous people born or raised in the city: Austin Lane Chroters, governor of Maryland, Martha Finley, children's book author, drummer Bernard Purdie and U.S. army general Michael Rudolph. Hop in your car rental and visit top attractions within Elkton.
Top attractions within Elkton
Locust Point Marina is a great place if you want to spend your day in the middle of the nature, surrounded by water. The marina has its own boat ramp, floating docs and a gorgeous park where you can take long and relaxing walks. This is one of the best attractions of Elkton.
Brantwood Golf Course is a great golf course from Elkton which was opened many years ago, closed and bought by someone who restored it and made great investments in this Elkton attraction. This is the perfect place to play golf or to play mini golf with others if you are in Elkton.
Top 5 things to do in Elkton
As interesting and exciting as an Elkton vacation is, you can be sure you'll have lots of fun activities at your fingertips. A trip to Elkton promises to be a fantastic one all the way through especially when you know a list of certain places to visit in Maryland.
1. Stay in any B&B Inn in Elkton: As soon as you touch down the town, you can quickly check into one of the dozens of lodges where you will be offered a taste of Elkton hospitality to choose from. From beds to breakfast, and other value-added services, you can be assured of a relaxed and budget-friendly vacation in Maryland.
2. Visit the Big Elk Creek: For a state that boasts of large green gardens filled lush greenery and vast acreage of beautiful woods, you simply can't afford to miss out of a great adventure on the Elkton turf.
3. Colonial Manor House Excursion: This elegantly decorated lodge is actually a renovated property that has been converted to house tourists and visitors to Elkton.
4. Nature walks: Why not be a part of nature's wonderful habitat by taking calm strolls all around the town? Apart from enjoying the charm and comfort of the surrounding, you will be refreshed by the cool breezes blowing back and forth this area.
5. Day spa: If you are a visitor in Elkton, make sure you don't leave without a proper massage from any of the spa specialists. The body massage experts are some of the best hands who welcome the esteemed tourists and fun seekers of Elkton.