Elmhurst is located in between two counties, namely DuPage and Cook, in the State of Illinois. As one of the suburbs of Chicago, Elmhurst has growing population of over 46,000 inhabitants.
Top Attractions within Elmhurst
The Theater Historical Society of America is located in Elmhurst. It was founded in 1969 and since then has been the major contributor to the cultural development of the Elmhurst region, providing many products and services to the benefit of its visitors. Many of the arts and history institutions are under the patronage of the Theater Historical Society of America.
The Wilder Park Conservatory is a botanical garden and institution, located in the heart of the city of Elmhurst. The conservatory building houses a few exhibits of wildlife and flora species, that are most common to the State of Illinois. In addition to this, people may also like to visit the Wilder Park grounds in order to spot various animals and birds, as well as to admire secular trees and arboretums. It is a great experience for all ages, as there is something for everyone to learn, in terms of botanics and wildlife.
The Elmhurst Art Museum brings all the modern art exhibitions and collections of the county in one place. Regional talented artists may showcase their works here, in terms of paintings, sculptures, photographs and more. The art museum has inside galleries and an outside space, where massive art works are placed. It is a modern facility that provides access to art and culture for people living or visiting in Elmhurst. There are several educational programs organized every year and a souvenir shop, with books and small replicas of famous works. For larger groups and school trips, prior booking is mandatory.
The Lizzardo Museum of Lapidary Art is an interesting venue to be visited in Elmhurst. Some of the collections are on: jade and hardstone carvings, dioramas, organic gems, gemstones, rocks and minerals. For children, the museum organizes scavenger hunts and special tours. There is also a gift shop on grounds from which people can buy books, jewelry, decorations and carvings.
Elmhurst is a neighborhood of Chicago, located in DuPage province, Illinois. The earliest settlers of this area were members of the Potawatomi Tribe, who lived along Salt Creek, south of the city.
Five things to do in Elmhurst, Illinois:
1. Brookfield Zoo: This 216 acre zoo is situated just 15 miles away from downtown Chicago, in Brookfield. It displays a wide collection of exotic and rare animals from all over the world. There are also exhibits, which include an indoor bird reserve, an African animal habitat, a reptile house and a dolphin tank.
2. Western Acres Golf Course: This 3,000yd, 9 hole, public course, is situated near to Eldridge Park. The course hosts several events, such as 'Moms play around', which features a free round of golf in the week of your birthday and babysitting facilities.
3. The Morton Arboretum: This arboretum is situated in the western suburb of Chicago, only one mile south of DuPage College. It houses thousands of species of plants and trees in its 1,700 acres. Two of the most notable features in the garden are the Xanadu, which is a sculpture created by Patrick Dougherty and a children's garden.
4. Cantigny Park: This park is a lovely outdoor space, located within the estate of Robert McCormick. Cantigny Park is dedicated to the history of the first Infantry Division, during the First World War and also the Freedom Museum. It is situated in the southwest part of Wheaton, close to Bellau Woods Forest Preserve.
5. Antique and Flea Markets in St Charles: St Charles is a favorite destination for antique lovers, where visitors can search through a wide collection of objects, books and artwork. There is even a delicious food fiesta, which serves mouth-watering corn and roasted nuts.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Elmhurst. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Elmhurst||Directions to Elmhurst||Latitude||Longitude|
|Chicago OHare International Airport||6/9||Directions||41.97959||-87.90446|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|