Elyria is located in Lorain County, Ohio and was founded by Heman Ely. Home to Lorian County Community College, the city offers both public and private education in its schools.
Five things to do in Elyria:
1. Cascade Park: This is the largest park in the city and features many enchanting hills. To keep the children entertained, there is a large playground, located in a pleasant environment. There are also beautiful ornamental rockeries.
2. Elywood Park: The park provides a very relaxing atmosphere for adults and a lively play court for children. Visitors may spend their time unwinding and taking a gentle walk, or there are baseball fields and tennis courts for the more energetic.
3. Elyria Public Library: This library is 135 years old and disseminates its information to visitors, in many different forms. There are foreign videos, DVD's, tapes and even audio music CD's are available. The library organizes weekly educational programs for adults, students and the elderly.
4. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Since it was built in 1882, it has been the premier zoo in the country. There are a wide variety of aquatic animals and cats and it is even possible for visitors to observe some of the surgical processes and treatments provided to the animals housed there.
5. Rockefeller: Built by John D Rockefeller, this is the oldest building in the city that has not yet been restored. The building is crammed with 19th century features and detail and there are the names of physicists inscribed on the walls.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Elyria. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Elyria||Directions to Elyria||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|