Elyria is a small city in the US state of Ohio and the county seat of Lorain County, with a population of 54.533 residents, as of the 2010 census. Elyria is a wonderful holiday destination, for those who want to spend their holiday or a weekend getaway here. Elyria offers its tourists a lot of great attractions that provide a cultural and historical background to the town.
Top Attractions Within Elyria
Regal Entertainment Group is the place where you can enjoy the latest movies from the cinema industry, as well as old movies that have become all time classics. From horror, thriller, drama, romance and Disney cartoons, everything you want you can find here. The Cinema is great for children and adults alike who want to relax after a hard day.
All American Sports Center. Want to have fun with your family and friends? Then coming to the Elyria Sports Center is the perfect option for you. You have a wide variety of activities to resort to here: from batting cages, driving ranges, mini golf and arcade games. Spend an afternoon filled with fun and good times. Afterwards, if you are tired, you can enjoy a cup of hot coffee at the All Star Café.
Elyria Country Club is one of the oldest private country clubs in the state of Ohio. Although it was founded in 1905, it has all the modern amenities that give it a contemporary feel. It is a perfect blending of both turn of the century value and state of the art conveniences. There are many activities that you can resort to, while you enjoy your stay here in the Elyria Country Club, such as golf, fitness, swimming, as well as brunch and all kinds of celebrations.
If you come to Elyria, you will not regret it, since you have so many great things to visit in the town and in the surrounding areas. You will surely have wonderful memories from your stay here.
Top 5 Things to Do in Elyria
Elyria is located in Lorain County, Ohio and was founded by Heman Ely. Home to Lorian County Community College, the city offers both public and private education in its schools.
Five things to do in Elyria:
1. Cascade Park: This is the largest park in the city and features many enchanting hills. To keep the children entertained, there is a large playground, located in a pleasant environment. There are also beautiful ornamental rockeries.
2. Elywood Park: The park provides a very relaxing atmosphere for adults and a lively play court for children. Visitors may spend their time unwinding and taking a gentle walk, or there are baseball fields and tennis courts for the more energetic.
3. Elyria Public Library: This library is 135 years old and disseminates its information to visitors, in many different forms. There are foreign videos, DVD's, tapes and even audio music CD's are available. The library organizes weekly educational programs for adults, students and the elderly.
4. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Since it was built in 1882, it has been the premier zoo in the country. There are a wide variety of aquatic animals and cats and it is even possible for visitors to observe some of the surgical processes and treatments provided to the animals housed there.
5. Rockefeller: Built by John D Rockefeller, this is the oldest building in the city that has not yet been restored. The building is crammed with 19th century features and detail and there are the names of physicists inscribed on the walls.