Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Englewood Car Rental Comparison: Get quality car rentals at their cheapest!
Experience the beauty and compare the cheapest car rental in Englewood..
Did you know that around 1859, Englewood's area has been called the “English Neighborhood” for being the primarily English-speaking settlement on the New Jersey side of the Hudson River?
Best Way To Travel: Bus, Car
#1 Thing to do: Space Odyssey
#2 Thing to do: De Mott – Westervelt House
#3 Thing to do: Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
Fun Fact: B.C. Forbes (1880-1954), founder of Forbes Magazine, is from Englewood.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
is a city in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. It was incorporated in 1899 by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature and today has 27,147 inhabitants. It was first populated by Lenape Native Americans, so its history is very captivating. Along with its natural beauties and entertainment facilities, Englewood can be qualified as a beautiful holiday vacation.
Top Attractions within Englewood
Crowne Plaza Englewood is located nearby Englewood center and is a wonderful hotel with many quality facilities and services that make any tourist feel very comfortable and welcomed. It includes spacious rooms and special meeting places. Its bar looks amazing and everything is very well organized, so this is the perfect place for you to stay.
Beau Monde Salon And Spa in Englewood provides quality services and treatments designed for solving many problems and that will relax you and soften your skin. All clients that come here are very satisfied with the results and with the way they are treated.
John G. Benson House
is also situated in Englewood and is a memorial to John Benson, who was a farmer. The architecture of the house dates since the post-revolutionary War Dutch Colonial style. The house was built in 1800 and is on Grand Avenue. If you are interested in history and architecture, then this is a great sight to visit.
Palisades Park is situated nearby Englewood and provides relaxation and entertainment facilities to millions of tourists that arrive here. It is a magnificent area with many natural beauties such as cliffs and many captivating bird and animal species. So, here tourists can walk on beaches, play golf, or spend their time on campgrounds. Enjoy nature and its miracles by visiting this wonderful park.
Bergen Performing Arts Center is a recreational attraction in Englewood that catches your eye with its fascinating artistic exhibits. It is very large and if you are looking to learn new things about art or about the art from Englewood, then this center is a great choice.
Top 5 Things to Do in Englewood
On 17th March 1899, the New Jersey Legislature incorporated Englewood, which is situated in Bergen Province, New Jersey, as city. The original inhabitants were from the Lenni Lenape tribe of Native Americans.
1. Bergen County Zoological Park: The zoo is situated inside Van Saun County Park and features a carousel, tennis court, pony rides, playgrounds and a picnic area. It is home to various wild animals, including mountain lions, anteaters, monkeys and bison.
2. Van Cortlandt House Museum: This museum is situated in Van Courtlandt Park and between 1748 and 1889 was the private residence of the Van Courtlandt family. The Georgian style museum features an extensive collection of period furniture and large portraits of the Courtlandt family.
3. The Cloisters Museum: This museum is operated by the Metropolitan Museum of Art and is situated in scenic Fort Tyron Park, overlooking the River Hudson. The building was constructed in an architectural style reminiscent of medieval French cloisters.
4. Hispanic Society of America: This museum is located within the Beaux Art Building in Englewood and features artifacts and arts from Portuguese, Latin American and Spanish cultures. It also has a library that boasts a collection of over 15,000 books and which includes a first edition of Don Quixote.
5. Englewood Cliffs Public School: This is a community of public schools, made up of North Cliff School and Upper School, which teaches children from the immediate area up to 8th grade.
United States, New Jersey, United States
Other locations near Englewood