Enid is a lovely city located in Garfield County, Oklahoma, United States. In fact, Enid is one of the largest cities in the whole area, having a population of about 49.300 residents on an area of 74.1 square miles( 191.8 square kilometers). Since 1991, Enid has been known as the Purple Martin Capital of Oklahoma, but the city also uses the nickname of Wheat Capital. Enid was founded in 1889, but the amazing development of this city only started at the beginning of the 1910s, when the first resources of oil were found in this region. Nowadays, Enid is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the United States, offering visitors endless possibilities to enjoy an amazing time.
Top Attractions within Enid
Tri-State Music Festival is one of the most important events that take place in Enid every year. The music festival was first held in 1932. The event takes place during the spring and it draws numerous tourists every year.
Enid's Gaslight Theatre is one of the cultural venues of Enid. Within this location, you will be able to watch numerous stage performances, one of the most famous ones being the production of Shakespeare in the Park. Here, you will also find the Enid Symphony Orchestra, one of the oldest in the entire state, being formed in 1905.
Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Center will introduce its visitors to the history of this region of the United States. Within the museum you will be able to visit numerous exhibits displaying the history of Enid city, including memorabilia from the early settlement of the area, but also historical objects linked to the development of oil industry. The museum first opened in 1975.
Railroad Museum of Oklahoma is one of the most famous museums located in Enid. The museum first opened to public in 1977 and it currently exhibits railroads models and many railroad artifacts.
Government Springs Park is a spot not to miss if you plan on visiting Enid. With an amazing history, the park includes some important monuments, such as famous Sculptures by Harold T. Holden. Within the park you will also find The Lagoon.
Top 5 Things to Do in Enid
In Oklahoma's city of Enid, there are many different activities and various places where you will get the very best of fun things. Whether you are on a lone holiday outing, or having fun with your lover or spouse, with your family members or friends; there is something for everyone in Enid.
1. Enid City Parks: These should be among your first stops if you are tripping into Enid for your vacation holidays. Here, you are assured of a wow time with your lover, spouse, family and friends.
2. Walk down Enid's Main Street: If you simply wish to go for sightseeing in Enid City's historic downtown area, Main Street will enable you to enjoy the very best of the city.
3. Chisholm Trail Expo Center: You can visit the Expo Center if you want to find out what's going on with trading in the local and international market scene. Just make sure you have cash ready in case you come across some fancy items.
4. Enid Family YMCA: This place is one of the best attractions of Enid City for families and peer groups wishing to come together. For a mini party or just to have a good time, this is the right place.
5. Vance Air Force Base: It's no secret that kids and adults love to fly but for the kids, they would rather learn the 'tricks' behind the jets. This military base for flights is a popular setting to amuse all those who fancy the fly birds.