Erie Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Erie is also known as "Gem City"?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Millionaires Row
#2 thing to do: Erie Zoo
#3 thing to do: Presque Isle State Park
Fun Fact: Erie has also been the location for many movies, including the hometown for fictional band "The Wonders" in That Thing You Do featuring Tom Hanks.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis, National
Top 5 Things to Do in Erie
In the city of Erie, Pennsylvania, great attractions abound for the viewing pleasure of visitors and holiday makers who come from far and near. If you wish to have a taste of every single event in Erie, try and get a copy of the city's Events Calendar which is a free take for both first and regular comers.
1. The Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park & Resort: is a friendly place for every kind of adventure most especially if you are an aqua sports lover. Water skating and boating activities are some of the fun stuffs that can be done here.
2. Presque Isle State Park: remains of the best centers of catching every available fun in Erie. If you are looking forward to a date or even an open air picnic, this is the first and last option you have.
3. Erie-sistible Beaches: the pristine beaches and large expanses of sandy shores which characterize Erie stretch over seven miles and will surely give you the same measure of fun in the sun.
4. Great Lakes Exploration: If you among the hundreds of yearly visitors who come to Erie to have their fair share of fun, the entire Great Lakes area must be explored. It is a natural and ecological asset to Erie as well as a tropical paradise of water attractions and landmark sites.
5. Presque Isle Downs & Casino: features tracks for horseracing, slot machines and many different varieties of games. Get the best from Erie's gaming houses when you visit the Penn city.
Five Things You Must Do in Presque Isle Bay
Presque Isle Bay is the name of an area off the shores of Lake Erie, Pennsylvania in the United States. Formed over 11,000 years ago, and named by the French in 1812 after the original Red Indians inhabitants, the area was used by many nations as a fort until recently where it has now been designated as a State Park, which is thought to be one of the greatest in the USA. The five most important places to visit in Presque Isle State Park are listed below:
Attractive Misery Bay: This place is suitable for the tourist who desires to spend their summer holidays more leisurely. The numbers of tourist every year are increasing due to its idyllic setting. It is the summer haunt for boating and picnicking.
Great Perry Monument and Exhibition: The crystal pointed Perry Monument was built in the year 1926 and it is the one of the best places to visit for many tourists. This is a stunning location, situated in the beautiful Presque Isle. Educational exhibitions alongside the monument are said to be very informative and interesting.
Lighthouse of Presque Isle: It was built in the year 1872, an imposing fifty-seven-foot tower made of red brick. Although the lighthouse's opening hours are limited for observations from the top, this is still a main attraction for many tourists due to its marvelous structure.
Journey on Boat: “Our Lady Kate” is sixty-five foot long; carries one hundred and ten passengers and offers tourists with an opportunity to take the long river journey around Presque Isle Bay and then on to the open waters of Lake Erie. It's more suitable for summer vacation holidays as the tours only operate from May to September.
Lake Erie's Restaurant: The restaurants of this area provide numerous delicious meals for a reasonable price and there are concessions stands on some beaches too.