When you travel to Escondido and need a rental car, make sure to book with VroomVroomVroom, We are the experts in car rental and we can help you book the type of rental vehicle you want, along with any special options you might require. Book a car rental in Escondido from Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Hertz or National. Our service lets you compare and decide on the perfect car for you.
Escondido is a city located north of San Diego in the state of California. Escondido's name come from the Spanish word for “hidden”, and this is because the city lies in a valley surrounded by rocky hills. Escondido is a fast-growing community, having seen its population rise by nearly 300% in recent years, from less than 37 thousand people in 1970 to about 145 thousand today!
Why you should book a car rental through us?
People book with us every day because they don't want to deal with the hassle of hidden fees, they don't want to find last-minute taxes added to their bill, and most importantly, they don't have time to waste searching through all the car rental sites to find a great deal! Here are some other great reasons why customers prefer to book their rental cars with us.
Driving tips in Escondido
Once you've arrived in Escondido and picked up your cheap car rental, you'll be able to explore everything this great California city has to offer! Drive your rental car downtown to check out a lot of great cafes and restaurants, and more than a few excellent art galleries. On Friday nights in the Summer, downtown Escondido comes alive for “Cruisin' Grand” a public hot rod and classic car show, with each week featuring a different car club or feature, such as midgets, fire trucks, sprints, nitros, etc. There's also lots to do with the family at “Cruisin' Grand!”
Escondido also has many great parks if you enjoy fresh air and the outdoors. You can drive your car rental to Daley Ranch, a conservation area that's over 3,000 acres in area and that is owned by the city, which maintains over 20 miles of trails for horseback riding, hiking and bicycling! Or if you're in northern Escondido, check out El Norte Park, a small public park with a kids playground located off El Norte Parkway. And these are just a couple of the green spaces that you'll have access to, thanks to your car rental. There are over a dozen more parks in Escondido you might want to visit!
Escondido is located in San Diego County, California. The name “Escondido” means “hidden” in Spanish, which is a very appropriate way to describe this 36.5 square mile city that sits in a valley. A variety of attractions can be found in this resonant community. Escondido has just the right combination of small town charm and big-city allure.
1. Wild Animal Park: This 1800 acre park and refuge for endangered species features over 3,500 animals from 250 different species. All animals are in surroundings that mimic their natural habitat. You can choose to walk the trails through the park or take a 55-minute guided riding tour.
2. Spend the day at the lake: There are three major lakes in Escondido: Dixon Lake, Lake Wohlford, and Lake Hodges. These are very popular fishing spots either from a pier, shore, or from a boat rented on the premises. Dixon Lake also has camping facilities available.
3. Ferrara Winery: This is the oldest family owned and operated winery in San Diego County. It was designated as a state historical Point of Interest in 1971. Tour the grounds and then sample all items produced with grapes by this company from wine and grape juice to wine marinade and vinegar.
4. Escondido Children's Museum: This museum features multi sensory hands on activities for children ages 0-9 to enjoy. Two of the indoor exhibits include a Wildlife Treehouse and an “Understanding Fires” exhibit. The featured outdoor exhibit is the Children's Garden, which allows children to experience gardening with native plants.
5. Grand Avenue: A variety of festivities occur throughout the year on Grand Avenue. The Farmer's Market takes place every Tuesday year round. A bi-annual street fair occurs in May and October. Every Friday night from June to September Crusin' For a Brusin' takes place as vintage cars cruise up and down the street. If you are not around during one of these special events there are also many art galleries and antique shops on Grand Avenue to enjoy.