Euclid Car Rental Comparison: Affordable car rental packages!
Fun Fact: The city was named after the Greek mathematician Euclid.
Top Attractions within Euclid
The Greater Cleveland Softball Hall of Fame and Museum will introduce you, as the name may suggest, to the world and history of softball. Passionates will love this place in particularly. If you want to know what to expect, you can take a virtual tour of the museum on the Internet.
The Euclid Public Library was established in 1935 and it has providing both locals and tourists with endless reading possibilities, ever since. The library serves nearly 60.000 people, so its collection of volumes is definitely impressive.
The Briardale Greens Golf Course will please the heart of every golfing enthusiast. The elegant golf course will offer you a wonderful time, no matter the skills or training level.
Euclid Beach Park is the place to visit if you want to see the reminiscences of a popular amusement park. The park was founded in 1895 and closed in 1969, because of changes in the times. The arched main gate of the park still stands today and was declared a Cleveland landmark.
Top 5 Things to Do in Euclid
Euclid is located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. This 11.6 square mile city, which site directly on Lake Erie, borders Cleveland and is part of the Greater Cleveland Metropolitan area.
1. Sims Park: The main attraction of this 30-acre park is the Albert W. Henn Mansion. This is a brick Tudor Revival Style home built in 1923. The home, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is open for tours on Wednesday Evenings from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Another attraction at the park is the Frisbee golf course. This beachfront park is perfect for quiet strolls and watching sunsets over Lake Erie, no swimming is allowed. Sims Park does contain a Frisbee golf course.
2. Euclid Lakefest: This week long festival is held in June in Sims Park. Catch a performance on the free entertainment stage, sample food from around the world, let the kids jump in the inflatable bounce houses, and browse the arts and crafts displays.
3. Polka Hall of Fame: This museum is located in the Shore Cultural Center.
Memorabilia is displayed that traces the history of Cleveland Style Polka back to its roots on up to the present.
4. Softball Hall of Fame: This museum is located in the Old Euclid City Hall and features trophies, uniforms, and pictures that detail the history of men's and women's softball in the area.
5. Briardale Greens Golf Course: This is an 18-hole par 70 municipal golf course. Practice at the putting tee and the driving range before enjoying a round of golf. This course offers fun for golfers of all levels.