Eugene is located in Lane County Oregon approximately 60 miles east of the Oregon coast. Within the 40.6 square miles of the city are urban forests and the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers, which create natural beauty. The attractions that Eugene has to offer have led it to be known as “The world's greatest city of the arts and outdoors.”
1. Fifth Street Public Market: Located in downtown Eugene, the Fifth Street Public Market is a premier attraction. Quaint shops, performing artists and musicians, and international dinning are all available at Fifth Street Public Market. For more information on the Market click on the link.
2. Hult Center for the Performing Arts: The Hult Center is an architectural and acoustical masterpiece. It has had a grand history of performances in its gallery, theater, and concert hall over the years. Tony Award winning plays, ballets, symphonies, and even comedians come to the internationally known Hult to perform. For more information on the Center click on the link.
3. Riverplay Discovery Village Playground: This impressive playground received the American Public Works 2007 Project of the Year Award and was featured in Newsweek Magazine. It was designed by the people of Eugene to incorporate play features that relate to the history and culture of the area. Children will have fun playing in the water features, the climbing structures, and the artifact digging area.
4. Elijah Bristow State Park: Located along the Willamette River, this 847 acres park has a lot to offer. More than 10 miles of trails are available for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. Try fishing for salmon and trout in the white waters of the lower end of the Willamette River. You can also enjoy a picnic lunch while you take in the sights and sounds of nature at the park.
5. Saturday Market: Every Saturday from April through November this open-air craft festival takes place in downtown Eugene. Over 200 local artisans sell their goods at this market ranging from clothing to candles and much more. International food is featured at over 24 food booths in the food court. While filling up on international cuisine you can also enjoy free musical entertainment performed by local musicians.