Discounted Eureka Car Rentals
Did you know that Eureka is the largest Pacific coastal city between Portland, Oregon and San Francisco?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Carson Mansion
#2 Thing to do: Sequoia Park Zoo
#3 Thing to do: Humboldt Bay
Fun Fact: Eureka is the largest port between San Francisco and Coos Bay. The city is also the site of hundreds of significant Victorian homes (one is the Carson Mansion)
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
Top 5 Things to Do in Eureka
California still takes pride in many of its cities and towns in terms of tourism even though bigger destinations like Hollywood are more celebrated. However, below are some attractions from Eureka.
1. Visit the Old Town of Eureka: you are definitely going to appreciate the restaurants, antique shops and all the beautiful Victorian buildings of the 19th century which all combine to make the Californian city a place to see. The fascinating waterfront area adds to the charm of this mini destination.
2. Avenue of Giants: provides visitors and tourists with a great opportunity to see an amazing tour of a 30-mile grove made up of ancient redwoods. There are two lanes for strolls which wind all the way through the north of California, passing through the Eel River and other local areas.
3. Redwood National Park: is a stunning 112-thousand acreage of the state's natural reserve. It goes about 45 minutes towards the north of Eureka with wonderful hiking trails, scenic rivers and coastal views. These and more await everyone who takes a bold step to see Eureka's world wonders.
4. Historic Downtown: this area gives you a fantastic view of Eureka with its array of historic buildings, restaurants, cafés, bookstores and more. A pedestrian boardwalk helps to give the best views of Eureka's bay area and the popular Woodley Island Marina.
5. Eureka's Parks & Redwoods: is also not to be missed out of your list of “must-see” places. Get your camera handy so that sweet memories of your Eureka visit will linger on long after you are gone.