Evans Car Rental Comparison
Evans is a city located in Columbia County, Georgia, in the United States of America. Evans has a population of 20.000 people living in an area of 10 square miles. Evans is also the county seat of the Columbia County. Even if it is not quite a small city, Evans is very intimate and quiet, so you could spend here great relaxing days. If you want to visit Evans, here are some of its attractions.
Top Attractions within Evans
Stephanie's Dancers is a large dance facility - actually, the largest in Georgia. The area on which this attraction is located has over 6000 feet and has four rooms. The place is perfect to learn ballet, jazz, tap or lyrical in one of the especially designed rooms. If you consider you do not have enough time for dance lessons, a dancing show in the same place cannot be missed. Children, teens or adults offer great performances.
Jones Creek Golf Club is a semi-private golf club with extremely difficult finishing holes. The course is greatly maintained and the trainers can offer short introductory lessons anytime. If you already are a pro, you will surely find someone to compete with. After golfing, relax with a great meal while admiring the great city views of Evans.
Jennifer Salon and Day Spa is literally the most relaxing place you can find in Evans. Enjoy a full one day treatment at this great spa and you will leave this place in the evening feeling like new. You can also enjoy the services of the salon and relax while getting a new hairstyle or a skincare treatment. The slogan of this great place in Evans is Quality and Tranquility Combined and this is the best description this place could have. The best idea would be to indulge in a day of self pampering just before leaving Evans, you will love it!
Top 5 Things to Do in Evans
This town is located in Columbia County and is a suburb of Augusta, Georgia. According to a census in 2000, it had a population of about 17,727. The county has various parks, historical sites and a very scenic national forest.
1. Mistletoe State Park: Covering an area of 1,920 acres, the park creates a soothing environment, where all age groups can relax and enjoy themselves. There are many recreational activities available, including boating, fishing, cycling, hiking and swimming.
2. National Science Centers Fort Discovery: This museum is specially designed for children and aims to educate them about the world around them. This is done by the use of innovative and exciting techniques, designed to make the education process more interesting and lively.
3. Chattahoochee National Forest: On 9 July 1936 this forested area was designated a National Park. Today, the forest is home to approximately 30,000 deer, 6,000 birds and the bear population has increased to 650 from 106 in 1936.
4. Radcliff State Historic Site: This historic location was originally the home of Gov. James Henry Hammond. It is an excellent place to visit if you are interested in the history the southern states and the cotton industry.
5. There are 18 holes on these courses. There are two 18 hole, par 72, public golf courses within a five-mile radius of Evans. They are the Jones Creek Golf Club at 777 Jones Creek Drive and the Bartram Trail Golf Club at 470 Bartram Trail Club Drive.