Evansville Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Evansville is often referred to as the "River City"?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve
#2 thing to do: Angel Mounds State Historic Site
#3 thing to do: Koch Planetarium
Fun Fact: As a testament to the Ohio's grandeur, the early French explorers named it La Belle Riviere ("The Beautiful River").
#1 Car Rental Company: Alamo
Top 5 Things to Do in Evansville
Evansville is located in Vanderburgh County in Indiana. This 40.8 square mile city lies along the Ohio River and was named an “All America City” by the National Civic League in 2004. From riverboat gambling to historic Indian settlements Evansville has many attractions to enjoy.
1. Casino Aztar: Try your hand at “Lady Luck” at Indiana's first riverboat casino. This 2,700 passenger casino boat, named “City of Evansville”, was built to resemble a steamboat from the Civil War era. Try your hand at the slots and table games, enjoy dinner at one of the six restaurants, and then enjoy an evening of entertainment in the lounge.
2. Angel Mound State Historic Site: View what has been called one of the best
Prehistoric Native American displays in the United States. Artifacts from the Mississppian Indian culture are vast at this site.
3. cMoe- Koch Family Children's Museum: This engaging hands on museum opened in 2006 and encourages children to learn through play. This 18,000 square foot museum features four main galleries focusing on engineering, the body, arts, and exploration.
4. Reitz Home Museum: While visiting downtown Evansville's Historic Preservation District be sure to tour the Reitz Home. Victorian elegance is displayed in the only Victorian home museum in Evansville. This home was built in the French Second Empire Style in 1871 by John Augustus Reitz and is one of the foremost examples of this type of architecture in the United States.
5. Mesker Park Zoo: This 50-acre facility is home to over 625 animals living in surrounding that mimic their natural habitat. Ride the paddleboats in one of three lakes and stroll through beautiful botanic gardens also located on the grounds.