Everett, Washington is located 25 miles northwest of Seattle in the county of Snohomish. Everett is the 6th largest city in the state of Washington and was awarded the “All America City” award in 2002. Everett boasts of the second largest marina on the west coast. Whether you enjoy the water or are a land lover this city has many activities to choose from.
1. Spend the day at Jetty Island: Jetty Island is a man made island consisting of a 2 mile long sandy beach and warm shallows waters. During the summer a free ferry shuttles passengers across the Snohomish River to the island. Jetty Island is the perfect spot to wade in warm waters, watch or participate in kite boarding, and observe over 45 different species of birds.
2. Catch a show: A variety of shows can be seen at the Everett City Auditorium, the Everett Events Center, or the New Everett Theater. Examples of shows currently playing are the Everett Symphony Orchestra, Playhouse Disney Live, The Blue Man Group, and My Funny Valentine.
3. Enjoy a sporting event: Everett is home to the Aquasox class A baseball team, the Hawks arena football team, and the Silvertips hockey team. Check ahead of time for schedules and ticket information.
4. Visit the Imagine Children's Museum: This hands on museum encourages children to use their imaginations as they fly the Boeing 747, tend to the daily activities on the, farm, explore fossils embedded in the climbing wall, and much more. Many of these displays are built to represent things from the area.
5. Everett Farmer's Market: Every Sunday from May until the end of September the Everett Farmer's Market is open for business. Fruits, vegetables, and flowers from local farmers are available for purchase as are crafts assembled by local artisians.