Fairfield, New Jersey has the lowest population density in Essex County and was reincorporated in 1964.
1. Bradley Pharmaceuticals: The company, which specializes in the development of treatments related to podiatry and dermatology, was founded in 1980 and has its headquarters in Fairfield. Bradley Pharmaceuticals sells products to physicians in United States and to 38 international markets.
2. Halloween Costume Parade: This colorful and entertaining event is held every October and includes art awards, costume parades and special treats. School children and youngsters put a lot of time and effort into preparing for this well-organized event.
3. Grounds for sculpture Park: Anyone who is an admirer of modern art should not miss a visit to this park. The 35 acre Sculpture Park and museum are home to 230 contemporary sculptures, monuments and tabletop sculpture.
4. Morristown National Historic Park: Over the winter of 1778/79 this Georgian style mansion was George Washington's headquarters and the site of the main encampment for the Continental Army. The building is open to the general public daily, for guided tours by the Rangers. The nearby Wick house and farm, which was used by the Continental Army for almost two years, should also be included in your itinerary.
5. Ambrose Ward mansion: Also known as Knapp's Colonial Home, this historic mansion was constructed in 1898. It features beautiful examples of the workmanship of the time, including wood paneling, a grand staircase, marble fireplaces and ceiling murals.