Fairlawn Car Rental Comparison
Fairlawn, a city in Summit County, Ohio, United States, is also a suburb of Akron, having 7,307 inhabitants. Fairlawn was established in 1891 and at the beginning it had a mill, several commercial areas, a blacksmith and a store. During time, it has developed very much, so today is incorporates many points of interest and natural beauties.
Top Attractions within Fairlawn
Market Street in Fairlawn is a place where tourist will encounter a crowded shopping area, restaurants and other businesses. Although is very crowded, is the perfect place for buying souvenirs or anything else that tourists need and desire.
Akron Hotel nearby Fairlawn, is a specially designed place where all tourists feel indulged. It also hosts impressive amenities to provide the best comfort and the utmost relaxation. The hotel also includes several facilities such as a fitness center, meeting rooms, great speed Internet and swimming pools. The hotel is located nearby several airports such as Cuyahoga Country Airport, Akron/Canton Airport and Cleveland-Hopkins Airport that can take you to other places close to Fairlawn.
Summit Mall located nearby Fairlawn is an important and large commercial area, great for shopping and for spending a great time with family. In incorporates about 120 stores, so you will find all you need. It includes restaurants and entertainment facilities, so it is an ideal spot for kids also as they will have a lot of fun. Or, you can go to its theater and spend a film night with friends, kids and family.
Train Restaurant is situated nearby Fairlawn and will be an interesting and special experience. The food is delicious and fresh, while the staff is ready to provide you the best services.
Rosemont Golf Course in Fairlawn provides equipment for playing this wonderful sport and the area is filled with green and clean grass, which makes this place an opportunity for staying fit during your vacation. Visitors can learn to play golf, so it is the perfect point of interest for your kids, too.
Top 5 Things to Do in Fairlawn
Fairlawn, which was incorporated as Fairlawn Village in 1958, is a city in Summit County, Ohio and is a prosperous suburb of Akron.
1. Summit Mall: Located in Fairlawn and developed by the Simon Property Group, this enclosed one story mall covers an area of 770,000sq ft. It has more than 120 stores, a food court and anchor stores such as Macy's and Dillard's.
2. Skate Park: This 19,000sq.ft, outdoor skate-park provides entertainment, activities and enjoyment for people of all age groups. There is the full range of features that one might expect to find in a facility such as this, including concrete ramps, snake run and handrail stair sets.
3. Ohio and Erie Canal: Constructed in the early 1800's, this canal served as a water source for the rapidly expanding towns and industries in the area. Authorities based in Akron currently maintain the canal, which now acts as a useful flood control system, as a result of its ability to cope with large volumes of storm water.
4. Quaker Square: Is located in downtown Akron and is a small mall, located within a refurbished Quaker Oats mill. The storage tower was completely rebuilt as a hotel and the whole complex has been listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
5. Quaker Oats Company: The company was formed in the 1900's and manufactures an extensive range of hot and cold cereal related products, chewy bars, choc-chip and white choc-chips.