Fairview Heights Car Rental Comparison
Fairview Heights is a beautiful city located in the state of Illinois, more exactly in St. Clair County. Since its establishment, Fairview Heights has developed a lot. Now, there are 17.078 people living in Fairview Heights, according to the 2010 census, on a total area of 11.2 square miles. This beautiful city is an important shopping hub of the region, as Fairview Heights displays numerous shopping malls, outlets and plazas, including the renown St. Clair Square mall. It becomes obvious that Fairview Heights is perfect for shopping enthusiasts, who will feel here like home and will get the chance to enjoy as many shopping sprees as they want. Nevertheless, Fairview Heights is a great destination for everyone, because it offers numerous cultural and recreational possibilities.
Top Attractions within Fairview Heights
Church of Our Lady of the Snows is one of the most beautiful buildings you will see in Fairview Heights. This beautiful 200 acres property is visited by more than 1 million people on a yearly basis, so do not miss it if you are in the area. After a visit here, everyone feels refreshed, both spiritually and physically. You will also find a gift shop here, where you can buy memorabilia and gifts for the people back home.
The Stonewolf Golf Club is one of the greatest facilities of the kind in the region. Here, golf passionates will enjoy the elegant and prestigious golf course, which will provide them with an exciting experience, no matter the skills or training level. Those who do not want to play can admire the picturesque surroundings or savour a delicious meal at the restaurant.
Cahokia Mounds is both a state historic site and a museum, located only a stone throw away from Fairview Heights. Since you are already in the neighborhood, you should definitely go see this amazing 2000 acre property, where you will get the chance to learn all about the Mississippian Indian culture, history and traditions.
Top 5 Things to Do in Fairview Heights
Fairview Heights is located in St. Clair County, Illinois. This 11.2 mile city is in the southwest corner of the state within 15 miles if St. Louis, Missouri. This growing city has everything from parks to shopping to nightlife for you to experience while visiting.
1. Stonewolf Golf Course: This is a prestigious Jack Nicholas Signature Design Course. This beautiful 18 hole, par 72 course offers five sets of tees so anyone can play whether you are a novice or pro.
2. Moody Park: Also known as Longacre Park, it is home to Recreation Station, a 16,000 square foot playground. There are also two baseball diamonds, a walking trail around the lake as well as lighted tennis and volleyball courts. Pack a lunch and enjoy it under one of the picnic pavilions.
3. Pleasant Ridge Park: This 95 acre park offers rollerblading facilities and sledding opportunities during the winter. A two story log cabin built in 1850 represents a piece of early history from Fairview Heights.
4. St. Clair Square Mall: Over 140 stores are open for shopping at this mall in this
elegant two story1,000,000 square foot mall. The four major anchor stores are Sears, J.C. Penney's, Macy's, and Dillards. There are also over 140 other specialty stores, boutiques, and restaurants.
5. Funny Bone Comedy Club: Are you looking for a good laugh? This is one of six locations for this chain of comedy clubs. It is located in the Ramada Hotel and features performances on Wednesday through Sunday nights by local comedians as well as nationally known comedians. Check their website for scheduled performances.