Did you know that in a study published by Forbes, Fargo was ranked the 7th best small city in the nation to start a business or a career? A promising city with remarkable beauty!
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Hjemkomst Center
#2 thing to do: Bonanzaville, USA
#3 thing to do: Edgewood Golf Course
Fun Fact: The Academy Award (1996) winning film Fargo shows the city only in the opening scene and is only mentioned twice in the entire duration of the film.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise, Hertz
Fargo is located in Cass County in the state of North Dakota. This 37.9 square mile city sits along western bank of the Red River of the North in a region known as the Red River Valley. Fargo is the hub of the Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan area.
1. Bonanzaville, USA: This museum is comprised of 47 historic buildings, which form a village setting on 12 acres of land. A prairie house, general store, schoolhouse, and jailhouse are on display along with many regional artifacts. Open from May to mid October this museum is the place to go to immerse yourself in the history of Fargo.
2. Plains Art Museum: Located in the International Harvester warehouse, this museum houses a collection of over 3,000 works of art. Both regional and national contemporary art are on display along with traditional folk art and American Indian Art. Work by Andy Warhol, James Rosenquist, Salvador Dali, and many others are represented here.
3. Red River Zoo: This 30 acres zoo is home to more than 60 different animal species in a natural setting. A petting zoo is available for children to enjoy and kids of all ages love to take a ride on the restored carousel built in 1928.
4. Roger Maris Museum: Roger Maris was originally from Fargo. As a member of the New York Yankees Baseball Team, he broke Babe Ruth's homerun record by hitting 61 homeruns in the 1961 season. This museum honors the hometown hero by displaying video footage and memorabilia from his life.
5. Celebrity Walk of Fame: Located just outside of the Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitor's Bureau the Celebrity Walk of Fame features handprints, footprints, and signatures of over 100 celebrities who have visited the area.