Farmington Hills is located in the Oakland County, in the State of Michigan. As the largest community in the county, Farmington Hills has a population of around 80,000 inhabitants. Farmington Hills has received many qualifications over the years, due to the fact that it is one of the upscale suburbs of Detroit. In 2007, Farmington Hills was featured on the "Best Places to Live" list, at number 55.
One of the most populace and affluent cities in Michigan is known for its excellent education system, luxury homes and hub of business activities. What may seem to be a city that is bustling with business and academic activity, also has plenty of tourist attractions and recreational activities.
1. Visit the Holocaust Memorial Center: The center has been built in remembrance of the holocaust and a visit to this museum is a rare opportunity to actually see the horrors and tragedies that were faced by the Jewish people in Europe. For more information on the Center click on the link.
2. Play the game of Geocaching: A new and exciting game for children is organized at the parks in Farmington Hills. The children are given a park map and a global positioning device and they have to find some items that have been hidden, using this device and the map. For more information on Geocaching click on the link.
3. For an exhilarating toboggan ride visit the Fridge in winters: Get on a toboggan with the children and ride down a 1,000 feet slide that whizzes along at up to 30 miles an hour. The ride is a real treat for the children, especially in the winter. For more information on the Fridge click on the link.
4. Have a Splashing good time at the water parks: The two water parks Red Oaks and Waterford Oaks have giant wave action pools, water slides and are a real treat for the entire family during summer. For more infromation on the Water Parks click on the link.
5. For campers: The Addison Oaks camp site is a 1,140 acre park with 174 camping sites, where one can bring their own campers or rent a camper. The park offers a number of activities for the entire family.
The William M. Costick Activities Center is the perfect place to enjoy some fun activities over your vacation in Farmington Hills. The activity center covers a wide range of fields and rooms for different purposes. The venue incorporates a gym, a swimming pool, a stage area and six different halls and rooms. The last ones here can be rented for banquets, conferences, theater plays, classes and so on. Decorations and furniture may also be provided by the establishment.
The Festival of the Arts is a major event organized by the William M. Costick Activities Center, in Farmington Hills. This celebration is aimed at popularizing artistic means and works of local talents. It is an educational program as well, featuring numerous trainings and workshops, for children and for adults. Some of the most well known installments of this festival have so far been "Art on the Grand" and "Hats Off to the Arts".
The Farmington Hills Golf Club was remodeled with the help of the local community, in order to become a major attraction for golf players in the county. The club has an 18-hole driving range, located in a spectacular natural surrounding. The clubhouse incorporates a restaurant and a pro shop, as well as a terrace where people can relax and watch others play.
The Farmington Hills Historic District incorporates 70 buildings, which date back to various periods in the settlement of the city. Some of the most important buildings here can be visited in an organized tour. Several examples of these houses are: the Addis Emmett Green House, the Lewis Howard House, the Sarah Fisher House, the Kirby White House, the William Gates House and many others.