Fayetteville is located in the Fayette County, in the State of Georgia. As the county seat, Fayetteville was established and was incorporated as a town in 1823. Its incorporation as a city took place in 1888. The population in Fayetteville reaches approximately 16,000 inhabitants.
Top Attractions within Fayetteville
The Fayette County Courthouse is located in the center district of Fayetteville. It was built in 1825 and now stands as the oldest courthouse in the State of Georgia. The building can be visited as a monument of great historic value, as well as an important landmark of the architectural styles that dominated the region in that period. Nowadays, the Fayette County Courthouse is the place where the Fayette County Development Authority and the Chamber of Commerce reside.
The Margaret Mitchell Library is a multi-purpose facility. Starting out as the community library of Fayetteville, in 1855, the Margaret Mitchell Library is now also a museum. The collections that can be admired here are formed out of artifacts related to the Civil War and other important moments in the historical development of the region. You may come to this establishment to admire one of the exhibitions or to go through all the amazing books in the library.
The Dixieland Fun Park, located in Fayetteville, is one of the biggest amusement parks in the State of Georgia. The park has many wonderful features and activity facilities for children and young people. Rides and slides, games and tents are available throughout the year, but the space is most visited during the weekends and in holiday seasons. On special occasions, the Dixieland Fun Park hosts theme events, such as Halloween and Valentine's Day. For its contribution to the touristic development of the region and its great features, the amusement park has received many awards over the years.
The Holliday-Dorsey-Fife House is another great establishment open for visitation in Fayetteville. It was built in 1855, by John Stiles Holliday. The house was turned into a museum comprising a personal collection of artifacts and art works. The building has a charming architectural style, typical for the Fayetteville area.
Fayetteville is a small city located just 35 miles from Atlanta and is the county seat of Fayette County. The city and the county have been named after a noble Frenchman who helped George Washington during the Revolutionary War. The city and county are steeped in old southern history.
1. Visit the home of Doc Holliday: Famous gambler, gun fighter and dentist, Doc Holliday has gone down in history as a gun fighter and avid gambler, and he is remembered for his role when he partnered with Wyatt Earp in the famous gunfight at the A.K. Corral. This is one of the best known gun fights in cowboy history.
2. For family fun: Dixieland Fun Park is the place to visit for family entertainment, go-karting, bumper boats, miniature golf and laser tagging. There are plenty of things to do in this fun park for every member of the family.
3. Listen to music in the open air: Frederick Brown Jr amphitheater affectionately called the “Fred's” seats 2,500 people. Live musical performances are held here daily with a variety of well known country and western musical artists.
4. Take a tour down history lane: The Lafayette Historical Society was formed in 1971; a non profit organization which has a collection of historical items related to the county and its towns and villages.
5. Relax playing golf: Wendall Coffee golf course is a 9-hole public golf course where golfers can play their favorite sport and relax.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Fayetteville. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Fayetteville||Directions to Fayetteville||Latitude||Longitude|
|Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport||13/21||Directions||33.641571||-84.444574|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|