Federal Way is located in the King County, in the State of Washington. As a major city in the county, Federal Way has a population growing to the astounding number of almost 90,000 inhabitants. Federal Way was first settled in 1929, as a logging area, and was incorporated in 1990. Check out some of the top attractions within Federal Way below:
The Rhododendron Species Foundation and Botanical Garden can be visited in Federal Way. It is the perfect place for taking long walks in a beautiful and captivating natural environment. It can also be a great botanics lesson for those interested in finding out more about rhododendron species. The sight are superb and worth seeing no matter the age, sex or interests of the visitors. Since 2006, the garden in Federal Way is specializing in conservation and reproduction of rhododendron species as well.
The Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center is the place to have fun and relax in Federal Way. The large swimming pools and facilities incorporated here insure great activities for the entire family. No matter the age, there surely is something suitable for you at the Weyerheauser King County Aquatic Center. The venue hosted the 1990 Goodwill Games and it can now be rented for larger parties and celebrations.
The Celebration Park is dedicated to outdoor activities in terms of sports and leisure, in Federal Way. You can use one of the many sports fields available and even some designated grounds for picnics and barbecues. Trails for walking and bicycle rides are available, so that you can experience natural surroundings and take in all the fresh air. During weekend days, families come here for get-togethers and events.
The Wild Waves Theme Park and Enchanted Village is one of the best amusement parks in the county. You may enter several games and competitions, as well as enjoy all the fun rides and slides available. People visiting in Federal Way may participate in special events organized during holiday seasons.
Situated between Seattle and Tacoma Federal Way is believed by some as a 'bedroom community'. It was originally a logging settlement and got its name when the area was named Federal Way by the Federal Way School Community.
1. See exotic plants: There are two botanical gardens in Federal Way; Rhododendron Species Foundation and Botanical Gardens and the Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection. For those who have only seen pictures of bonsai plants, a visit to this garden is a real treat.
2. Take a dip in an Olympic size swimming pool: The Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center was used for the 1990 Goodwill Games and boasts an Olympic sized swimming pool. This is a great place for swimming and relaxing by the pool.
3. Visit a park: There are many parks in Federal way that one can visit for a picnic or just to enjoy the clean fresh air and walk along a wooded trail. There are several other attractions in the parks like sports grounds, boat lunches, etc.
4. Hiking through wetlands: A great way to spend a day is by hiking in Hylebos Wetland Park. Here is a chance to explore the wetlands of this park. The flora and fauna are exciting and a real experience.
5. Enjoy an evening of symphony music: Listening to the Federal Way Symphony Orchestra directed by Brian Davenport is a beautiful way to spend an evening. People who enjoy symphony music will have a memorable experience here.