Deals on Wheels with Fernandina Beach Car Rentals
Visit the " Isle of 8 Flags" and compare the cheapest car rental in Fernandina Beach
Did you know that Fernandina Beach is noted for having an earthquake activity below Florida's state average and it has a history of being a safe place.
Top 5 Things To Do in Fernandina Beach
In the north east corner of Florida on Amelia Island, is the gorgeous city of Fernandina beach. As it is a sea side city, there are plenty of attractions for anyone who visits this city. It is a great place to visit for a family vacation:
1. Pay a visit to a fort: The Fort Clinch state park has one of the best preserved 19th century forts in the country. No battle was ever fought at this fort, but it served as a garrison during the Civil and the Spanish-American war. It has been restored and is worth a visit.
2. Take a lesson in Florida's history: A visit to the Amelia Island Museum of History which is housed in the historic Nassau Jail is a showcase of 4,000 years of the history of Florida. The museum offers exhibits, educational lectures and walking tours. There is plenty of American history to see here.
3. Spend sometime at the beach: There is plenty of swimming and sun bathing that one can do in Fernandina beach. It is an ideal way to relax, just soaking up the sunshine or taking a dip in the sea. There are other activities also that one can indulge in like surfing and water skiing.
4. Fishing and boating: If one wants to try their luck at sea fishing there are a number of spots from where one can do this. The marina and the parks have plenty of fishing spots. One can also go for a sunset cruise or hire a boat and go sailing.
5. Play a round of golf: One can play golf at the Fernandina Beach Municipal Golf Course, a great way to relax while enjoying the sport.