Findlay represents a city in Hancock County, Ohio, United States and is also the county seat. Findlay name was inspired by a fort that was erected in 1812. In the past, Findlay was famous for oil and gas production, but at present is a beautiful place for a vacation. It has many attractions and natural beauties, so Findlay should be the next destination on your list.
Top Attractions within Findlay
Riverside Wine Festival takes place in Findlay and is a great even that abounds in wine collections and flavors. The festival is accompanied by live and quality music and there are many places where a lot of things are sold. The event takes place in June and is always a great joy for the locals to participate in.
Findlay's Hot Air Balloon Festival is an incredible local event that takes place in the middle of August, so if you want to participate in, make sure when you will go on holiday. It is a rare opportunity to see so many balloons and so many shows dedicated to them. Tourists also have the chance to fly with an air balloon, so it is sure that this would be a wonderful and unforgettable memory.
The Maza Museum is a nice and interesting attraction in Findlay. It is also a great place for coming with your kids as here are hosted many artworks and illustrators of children books. They will surely love this place and will be amazed by the beautiful and fascinating exhibits they will admire here.
Hancock Historical Museum in Findlay is a beautiful building, housing exhibits that cover the history of this place and even prehistoric artifacts, so it will be an interesting experience.
The Perennial Plant Peddler in Findlay is a beautiful spot that will recreate and will catch your eyes with its beauty. It includes a lot of plant species, so if you love nature and plants, this is the right attraction you should visit.
Riverside Park is also located in Findlay and includes many sports facilities and playground areas. Visitors also have canoe, pedal boats, public fishing facilities and room facilities.
Top 5 Things to do in Findlay
Situated 80 miles south of Toledo in Ohio State is the city of Findlay. It is the county seat of Hancock County and has the nickname “Flag City, USA”. The University of Findlay is also situated here.
1. Visit a wacky grocery store: Jungle Jim's grocery store is a real experience. Imagine walking down an aisle of hot sauces that is equipped with fire fighting equipment in case the sauce is too hot for you. To top it off, the aisle is called the Aisle of Inferno!
2. Ride a quarter size train: Experience the thrill of riding in a real steam engine drawn train. Chugging along in this train from the past era, gives a really thrilling ride for the entire family.
3. See alpacas: For those who have never seen an alpaca, this is a rare opportunity of a life time. A visit to Jack's Suri farm is an opportunity to see all the breeds of Peruvian alpacas.
4. A treat for golfers: There are plenty of golf courses in Findlay for the golfer to tee off in. Wayside Golf and Oak Mallet Golf Courses are just a couple of the many courses here.
5. Go bowling: A pleasant way to relax and have some fun is by going bowling with friends or family. The AMF Sportsman lane is just the place for some bowling fun in Findlay.