Florence is a wonderful city located in Kentucky, United States. Part of Boone County, Florence has a population of about 29.900 residents on an area of 9.9 square miles (25.6 square kilometers). Florence Kentucky, was established in 1830 and the city was initially known as Crossroads. Before being given the official name the city has today, Florence was also known as Maddentown and Connersville. Florence Kentucky, is an amazing place to visit if you want to enjoy a relaxing vacation, due to the many options to spend an amazing time offered in this city. The Florence Water Tower is one of the most important symbols of the city.
Florence Nature Park is the best place to visit if you want to enjoy some outdoor adventures in a natural spot. The place is very popular among skaters, but you can also enjoy a relaxing walk within this beautiful park, mostly at night, when the runways are beautifully lighted.
Ollie's Skatepark is the perfect place to visit by tourists who love this sport. The indoor park has an area of more than 40.000 square feet and the options to have fun here are limitless. Rollerblading and biking can also be performed in this location. However, if you are not a skater, but you actually prefer playing golf, there is nothing to worry about. The Boone Links Golf Course is a spot that should definitely be included into your route. Here you will find a 27-hole golf course and some of the best quality services, to make your experience unique.
Boone County Historical Society will introduce you to the history of Florence Kentucky. Still, one of the most impressive museums you can visit in Florence is Creation Museum. Within this place you will find about 160 impressive exhibits, while in the area surrounding the museum you will be able to see more than 6000 plants, representing over 500 species. The Petting Zoo is one of the most popular spots of the museum, mostly among children.
People who have traveled on the I-75 highway know Florence in Kentucky State as the “Y'all City”. The reason for this is that a water tank has the words “FLORENCE Y'ALL” painted on it which can be seen from the highway. There are a number of attractions and recreation facilities in this city.
1. Pay a visit to North Kentucky's only arboretum: It is spread over 121 acres with more than 2,700 trees and shrubs. The Boone County Arboretum at Central Park is the place to go for a walk. One will get to see a large number of plant varieties here.
2. Go skating at Ollie's Skate Park: This is an ideal place for skating, rollerblading and biking. This huge indoors park has more than 60,000 sq. ft of skateboarding facilities and is a haven for skaters.
3. Experience thoroughbred races: For those who are inclined to horse racing, the Turf Way Park is the place to visit and watch thoroughbreds as they race around. There is always an air of excitement and entertainment at a horse race.
4. Wildwood Inn Tropical Dome and Theme Suites: This is a hotel that is different from any other hotel. There are aborigine huts, pirate ships, the Aztec jungle, and the Kentucky cave. The theme is different in each set of rooms and reflects the fantasy of the people who stay there.
5. Play golf in Florence: There are a number of golf courses where one can go for a game of golf and get respite from work.