Florence Car Rental Comparison
Florence is a beautiful city located in the state of South Carolina, more exactly in Florence County, being at the same time the county seat. The history of Florence goes back to 1719, but the city has developed hugely ever since. Now, there are 37.056 people living in Florence, according to the 2010 census, making it the largest city in the county and the most important part of the Florence Metropolitan Area. Moreover, Florence is a major hub in terms of industry and infrastructure and has become a regional center for culture, business, finance and medicine. If you come to Florence, you will get the chance to enjoy a variety of cultural and recreational possibilities, suited for all ages and budgets.
Top Attractions within Florence
The Florence Civic Center is the venue where most events are being held. This wonderful arena opened in 1993 and has hosted numerous performances throughout the years, that delighted both locals and tourists. The center is also home to the Florence Symphony Orchestra, so do not miss out on their concert if you are in the area.
The War Between the States Museum dates back to 1988, when it was founded by members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Now, this cultural institution is the place where visitors can find out useful information about the American Civil War. They will get the chance to admire an impressive collection of artefacts and items, including photos of the veterans, armour, swords, uniforms, guns and other personal items.
Magnolia Mall is the shopping facility that every passionate will love. The mall opened in 1979 and became the largest facility of the kind in the region, featuring numerous stores and retailers such as the renown Sears, Victoria's Secrets and JC Penney. The 7 food courts are there to serve you in case you get hungry.
The Florence Stockade was built in 1864 and it used to be a Confederate prison during the American Civil War. Now, the site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it is open for public visitation.
Top 5 Things to do in Florence
Florence is the biggest city in Florence County, South Carolina, USA. The city is about half way between Miami, Florida and New York City. A city that is rich in history, it played an important role during the American Civil War. Florence today is a main biomedical research and financial hub. There is plenty to do and see in this city.
1. Watch an indoors game: The Florence Civic Center seats over 7,000 people and is home to the Florence Phantoms. Roller hockey, ice hockey and wrestling events are also held here.
2. See some Civil War armor: The War Between the States Museum was established by the Sons of Confederate Veterans and has a collection of guns, swords, uniforms and a host of items from the Civil War, that have been donated to this crowd watching a car racing in Dodge Chargermuseum.
3. Visit a car racing speedway: If one is into car racing, then the Darlington Raceway is a must see place. NASCAR races are run here and it is known to be a tough course because of its odd egg shaped track.
4. Go to a fun park: Mr Mark's fun park has loads of entertainment for people of every age group. There is miniature golf course, go-karting track and many other sports and of course there is a games arcade and restaurants.
5. Listen to a symphony orchestra: People who like symphony music will enjoy an evening listening to the Florence Symphony Orchestra performing at the Florence Civic Center.