Fremont is a small, charming city in Alameda County, in the state of California, with a population of 214.089 residents according to the 2010 census. Fremont is located in the south-east section of the San Francisco Bay Area in the East Bay region, and is considered the fourth most populous city in the metropolis. The history of Fremont goes back to 1797, when the Mission San Jose was founded by the Spaniard Father Fermin de Lasuen. Ever since its foundation, Fremont has evolved and has slowly become more and more industrialized, especially in the late 1990s when General Motors built an assembly plant, here in Fremont. With its wide range of accommodation, venues and attractions, Fremont is a great holiday destination.
Top Attraction Within Fremont
Fremont Central Park is a wonderful park in Fremont that lies in the central area of the city. The park offers its tourists beautiful landscapes, walking trails among the trees and amenities such as picnic tables, restrooms, restaurants and bars. In the vicinity of the Park, there are several shopping plazas and retail centers, where you can always benefit from great discounts.
Aqua Adventure Waterpark is the place in Fremont where you and your children can have a lot of fun all day long. There are so many activities to choose from, for you and your children, that you will not know what to start with. The venue provides tourists with a wide range of swimming pools for children and adults alike, water slides, picnic areas, restrooms, restaurants and bars. Everything you need for a unique and unforgettable afternoon.
Cloverleaf Family Bowl is a family business in Fremont, that provides tourists with a lot of fun activities. The venue provides locals and tourists with 44 lanes of fun, glow in the dark bowling with state of the art lights, fog and sound system, a sports bar with six big screen HD TV's, pool tables, Karaoke and a very big food court.
Simply reading about Fremont is not enough to know everything about this beautiful California city. With a state-wide reputation for being a haven of shoppers and malls to match, Fremont presents you with more than a dozen malls and districts packed with shopping centers.
1. Ohlone College: is a prestigious school by all standards. It is centrally located in Fremont with the main campus as a center of excellence to both locals and out-of-state students. It is not uncommon to see clusters of students within the college premises so that you may assume that are open air classes.
2. Glenmoor Shopping Center: among the several places where you can shop, this top shop stands out with its array of colorful items. From the most basic things you need to the fancy ones. Its excellent services also add to make it a favorite among its patrons.
3. Kimco Realty Corp: is one of the foremost realty companies in California and it has its base here in Fremont. Take a short trip to this place to enquire about the current situation in the real estate market.
4. Mowry East Shopping Center: it's all good for one to go shopping in Fremont if you have a heavy pocket to unload. If you are looking for the right place to buy souvenirs, this is one of the best stops.
5. Newpark Mall: Fremont has more than enough to offer everyone in this sprawling shopping stop. With a wide variety of fun things to do for kids and a lot more for adults to buy, making a stopover here will definitely make your day tour of this city.