Gainesville Car Rental Comparison
Gainesville is a wonderful city located in Georgia, United States. Gainesville is the county seat of Hall County and it currently has a population of about 33,800 residents on an area of 29.1 square miles (75.4 square kilometers). The city was established in 1818. Gainesville is situated at only 50 miles distance of Atlanta city. Currently, Gainesville is an important destination for all visitors who want to enjoy an amazing vacation.
Top Attractions within Gainesville
Frances Meadows Aquatic Center is one of the most important venues located in Gainesville. Here, you will find an amazing indoor pool, but also playground areas and the most impressive aquatic facility in the whole county.
Holly Park is a very beautiful park located in Gainesville Georgia. However, you should know that this is only one of the many parks that can be found in this city. Within the Gainesville Holly Park some of the most popular activities include boating and fishing. However, the park is also preferred by visitors for the picnic areas, in which they can enjoy the most relaxing afternoon in a spot of an unique beauty. Myrtle Street Park is another popular park, due to its playground areas. Well, if you love playing tennis, the place you have to visit in Gainesville is Roper Park, because here you will find a beautiful, lighted tennis court, but also playground areas for children.
Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve has an area of about 1500 acres. In this Gainesville Georgia spot you can enjoy the most amazing experience in an interactive museum. The forest includes more than 13 miles of hiking trails. Numerous species of plants can be found within this location, but also animals. Camping in the area is allowed, so you can opt for this type of outdoor adventure while being in the beautiful US city.
Chicopee Woods Golf Course is a 9-hole regulation length golf course and the best place to play your favorite sport. So, if you are golfer and you want to spend a great time in Gainesville Georgia, this is the perfect place to visit.
Top 5 Things to do in Gainesville
History, nature, and culture make up the wonders of Gainesville, GA. Residents and tourists alike will enjoy a day out exploring this city that has so much to offer to so many people.
1) Elachee Nature Science Center: This natural history museum is located on 1,200 acres and features some live animal exhibits. There are 12 miles of free hiking trails that lead its visitors through the nearby forest. Admission fees to the museum are $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 2-12.
2) The Gainesville Ballet Company: This collaboration between the Gainesville Ballet Company and the Gainesville School of Ballet frequently features guest artists. Previous productions and performances have included Snow White and the Nutcracker. To save a little money go to the Saturday 2 pm show when tickets are 40% off when 2 adult and 2 children's tickets are purchased.
3) Lake Lanier Beach and Water Park: Spend a day out in the sun at this year-round resort situated on 1,100 acres. Features include horseback riding, spa services, championship golf, rental boats and a summer water park.
4) Chief Whitepath's Cabin: Take a step back in time when you visit this cabin that once belonged to Chief Whitepath, the leader of the Trail of Tears. Today the museum has been restored and features exhibits of the Cherokee Indians and Early Americans.
5) Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest: Become one with nature in this forest that offers visitors hiking trails, camping, canoeing, and whitewater rafting. Most areas are free however some more developed areas may charge an admission fee. In these cases fees must be paid in advance of using the facility.