Glen Burnie Car Rental Comparison: Car rentals on a budget
Fun Fact: The football field of Glen Burnie High School was featured in the film “The Replacements”.
Top Attractions within Glen Burnie
Big Lots in Glen Burnie is a discount store where tourists will find many things to buy, the prices are very convenient and they will save money, but also buy interesting souvenirs or things they need during their vacation.
Harundale Plaza, located in Glen Burnie, is a shopping area that encompasses many shops, boutiques, food courts and gaming facilities. It is a spot where the entire family can spend time together and each member will certainly find something to do or to purchase. The mall includes a furniture showroom, toys shops and many other things, so its variety is impressive.
Glen Theatre in Glen Burnie opened in 1930 and represents one of the best entertaining places here. All shows are of high quality and the prices are not huge, so all your family will spend a nice day at this theatre. The building has been extended and its architectural style is an impressive one, but very different from what it was once.
Baltimore-Annapolis Bike Trail in Glen Burnie is an opportunity to stay fit and have a lot of fun during your vacation. The trail cuts through Glen Burnie and this way, visitors will have the opportunity to admire its beauty and to know the local community better.
Marley Station is a mall in Glen Burnie and it is one of the most important and popular shopping areas where especially young people spend their time.
Top 5 Things to do in Glen Burnie
Glen Burnie is a suburb of Baltimore in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Its first resident Elias Glen was a district attorney who established a county seat and named it “Glennsburne” in 1812. It went through a number of changes of names, until it was finally named Glen Burnie.
1. Follow a rail trail: The Baltimore and Annapolis rail trail passes through Glen Burnie and one can hike, jog or bike on this 13.3 mile long trail, as one follows the route of the trains that used this track in the early days.
2. Visit an aquarium: The National Aquarium in Baltimore has local marine life. One can see sharks and sting rays as they pass by. The aquarium also includes a dolphin show. The ecosystem is of a rain forest and the aquarium is a great attraction for both locals and visitors.
3. Taste some seafood: The Harbor place and gallery is a nice place to stroll around in and do some shopping or just enjoy the atmosphere of the place and have a nice seafood meal.
4. Tour a wax museum of African American history: The Great Blacks Wax Museum has over a hundred statues of great American's like Martin Luther King Jr, Fredrick Douglas etc, who made a mark in the history of America. The museum shows the history of America from the slave ships to the present.
5. Catch a baseball game: The Oriole Park at Camden Yards is a fun place to go to watch a game of baseball, at the former home of the O's.