Glen Ellyn Car Rental Comparison
Glen Ellyn is a heavenly village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. Its population is about 27,000 inhabitants and its natural beauties will convince you that this place would be great for spending holiday. Although pretty small, Glen Ellyn has an active culture that wants to keep the local values alive for the next generations.
Top Attractions within Glen Ellyn
Stacey's Tavern in Glen Ellyn is a carriage stop, with a captivating history behind it. It is a museum with an interesting architectural style that covers the past of Glen Ellyn and tells the story of it to all the tourists that visit it. It houses fascinating exhibits that raise your curiosity for this place, so this is your opportunity to know and to understand it better.
Lake Ellyn is situated nearby Glen Ellyn. The lake is located in a place that was once a great resort during the 1890's. It offers fishing and swimming facilities, the area is very clean and the landscape is very relaxing. This attraction provides that tranquillity that any tourists is seeking for. It is a wonderful place to spend time with your family and enjoy staying in the heart of nature.
Taste of Glen Ellyn is an event in Glen Ellyn where many craft vendors come, restaurants, many booths and music. The event is a great way of having fun and buy delicious food and socialise with the locals.
Glen Oak Country Club located in Glen Ellyn is a wonderful attraction where you can play your favourite sport or take golf lessons. It is not important if you are a beginner or it is actually the first time when you practice it. There are many green areas and a pool. Visitors can refresh with delicious drinks, food and have fun.
The Wildlife Preserve is a nice point of interest in Glen Ellyn where visitors can learn more about plants, animals and nature. It is a recreational, but also an educational place that will delight the entire family.
Top 5 Things to do in Glen Ellyn
Glen Ellyn is a village in DuPage County, Illinois with a population of just under 27,000 in the year 2000 census. The village has had its name changed often since 1834, when the first landowner, Deacon Winslow Churchill arrived here from New York. A tavern was later built here, which became a stagecoach stop and then came the railroad and from there the village progressed. There is not much to do over here, but there are a number of attractions in its immediate surroundings.
1. Ride down memory lane on a trolley: The Naperville Trolley and Tours give a trolley ride through Naperville and the tour is quite interesting and educative.
2. Visit the DuPage Heritage Gallery: This gallery has some wonderful historical photos on display as well as other memorabilia. One can also listen to the story of the DuPage county greats and listening to their stories is quite inspirational.
3. Pay a visit to Earnest Hemingway's home: A visit to the Earnest Hemingway Museum and Birthplace is an opportunity that should not be missed, as one has a glimpse of the life style of this great Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winning author's family.
4. Tour a Gemstone museum: The Lizzadro museum of lapidary art is an eye opener, as the museum building itself is shaped like a jewel box. There are fascinating gemstone carvings on display and each piece shows the skills of the craftsman and their passion for perfection.
5. Relax in Parks and gardens: There are a number of parks and gardens in DuPage county that offer a refreshing and relaxing atmosphere.