Glendale Heights, a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States hosts many wonderful landscapes and points of attraction. Tourists will enjoy this peaceful location with its friendly people and warm atmosphere. Natural beauties and many fun facilities are a few of the things that attract people to Glendale Heights.
Top Attractions within Glendale Heights
Concord Green Shopping Centre in Glendale Heights provides a large variety of products based on natural ingredients. It is filled with quality products, so if you want to eat healthy food, this is the place to go. It also represents an opportunity for explaining your children why natural food and ingredients are so important and healthy. You can show them many products and explain their use and advantages.
Reskin Park in Glendale Heights was reconstructed and now it looks fabulous. In this park, visitors will enjoy many fun activities as well as sports, grills, camping facilities. Here is the spot where many families come to spend time together and to admire the landscape. It is an ideal spot in Glendale Heights for taking photos, for staying in the heart of nature and relax. Numerous hues of green will bring tranquillity into your mind and soul, so this park is worth visiting when you arrive in Glendale Heights.
Glendale Lakes Golf Club in Glendale Heights is an unforgettable experience for any tourist that arrives here. Besides the wonderful views, golf facilities are of high quality and great for any skill level. Visitors can learn how to play golf by using the equipment provided here and being helped by special trainers. Tourista can have a drink or a meal to refresh and to be dynamic. This is also one of the kids' favourite places as they have a large area where to play and spend time with their families.
Ramada Hotel and Suites is in Glendale Heights, near Chicago and it provides many facilities and quality services. It will be a total delight to stay here during your holiday.
Glendale Heights was incorporated in 1960 when its original name was Glendale. When the city administration later found that there was another city with the same name, they decided to change the name to 'The Village of Glendale Heights' or Glendale Heights as it is more commonly known. The Heights suit the topography of the village, as there are two distinct heights with a difference of approximately 100 feet between them.
1. Relax in a park: There are a number of parks in Glendale Heights that have various facilities like tennis courts, walking trails, etc in them and one can always visit any one of them to spend some relaxing time.
2. Visit a 19th century farm: Kline Creek Farm is located in the Timber Ridge Forest Preserve and the farm house, barns and sheds have been maintained as they used to be in those bygone days.
3. Play a game of golf: Cantigny Golf is open to the public and is a 27-hole golf course. Players with different skill levels are invited to come and try their hands at putting some shots.
4. Go to a prairie park: The Illinois Prairie Park has a 45 mile trail that takes one through a prairie field where one can smell the plants and enjoy the view.
5. Tour the County museum: The DuPage County Historical museum has artifacts and other interesting items that show the history of Illinois. The museum is also a glimpse of the past and how the early settlers made a living in this area.