Glendive is a city in the county seat of Dawson County in Montana, United States. It has a population of about 5,000 people and is a place especially known for its agriculture, but there is more to see in Glendive. Any tourist that comes to Glendive will be impressed by its natural beauty and other points of interest.
Top Attractions within Glendive
Makoshika State Park in Glendive is renowned for its unusual rocky formations. The park is also very popular for its historic prehistoric fossils, dinosaur bones and mineral specimens. There are also many plant and animal species to see, so it will be an interesting experience for the entire family. Visiting this museum in Glendive, is both a recreational and an educational activity that will take us back in time and learn more about what happened then.
Bell Street Bridge is an important landmark in Glendive and today is important for its commercial and engineering purposes, being one of the longest bridges in Montana. It is the perfect place for a walk and admiring the landscape. In September, the bridge is commemorated.
Glendive's Downtown Historic District is situated in Glendive and is a great place to visit. It houses many buildings and items that are listed in National Register of Historic Places. A tour of this attraction, will take visitors back in time and they will know more and interesting things about its evolution in time. Enrich your knowledge and get to know the local community in Glendive and understand its evolution.
The Bridger Bronze Gallery in Glendive, United States hosts bronze and western sculptures that people can buy. If you are interested in art, this is the ideal place to go. Buying a sculpture can be a great souvenir for you or for anyone else you care about or that loves art.
Glendive is a small city located in Dawson County, Montana with a population of less than 5,000 residents according to the year 2000 census. It is the county seat of Dawson County. Being small, Glendive's main attractions are recreational facilities which are quite few.
1. Play a few rounds of golf: The Glendive Municipal Golf Course is the place a golfer can go, to indulge in a game of golf.
2. Go bowling: A great way to relax is to go bowling and the Glen Bowl Lanes offer the ideal opportunity for one to do so. The staff is also quite courteous and helpful.
3. Take in a play: One can go and see a play or any other theatrical performance at the Rose Theater. One will need to find out on arrival in Glendive what shows are on.
4. Relax in a bar: The Twilight bar and lounge is a great place to relax and have a couple of drinks. The atmosphere of the bar is very sublime and one can spend some quiet time here. If one is with friends or colleagues, then a pleasant evening in the Twilight Bar is a must.
5. Have a nice meal: There are many fast food places in Glendive like Subway, Pizza Hut etc, but for a really nice meal in a great atmosphere, the place to go to is Frosty In and Out. The variety of the menu is quite substantial and they cater for all tastes. The meal will definitely be enjoyable here.