Glenview Car Rental Comparison
Glenview is a suburban village situated in Cook County, Illinois, United States. Glenview has about 42,000 inhabitants and was originally known as the town of Northfield. Glenview was incorporated in 1899. Commerce and tourism are two sectors that developed and made it a great holiday destination for couples, but also for families.
Top Attractions within Glenview
Glenview Creek is situated in Glenview, being one of the most beautiful places where people can relax and kids can play. Spending time in the heart of nature is relaxing and healthy, so if you are seeking for that, this is the place where you have to arrive. Your kids will love to have such a large area for playing and running. This attraction is the best place for family photos, walking and enjoying nature and its beauties.
The Park is a very old attraction in Glenview which was established in 1894 by Hugh Burnham. It was also home to a religious society, so it is interesting to find out its story and to admire the surrounding landscape.
The Grove, a National Historic Landmark in Glenview, houses nature trails, interpretative centres and many historic buildings. The attraction is listed now on the National Register of Historic Places. Visit this spot and learn more about its past and evolution.
Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview is a friendly place for kids of all ages. It includes a water room, a life-sized train, a "restaurant" where kids can prepare food, many science items, as well as numerous fun attractions for kids.
The Glen Golf Course represents an opportunity to take golf lessons and will certainly be a one-of-a kind experience. It is one of the top golf destinations here where people feel great. They play their favourite sport or they can learn it. There are special trainers that will help anyone play golf, no matter their skills or previous experience.
Top 5 Things to do in Glenview
Glenview is located north of downtown Chicago in Illinois State. Glenview is an affluent suburban village with a population of fewer than 45,000 people. The navy had an airbase in Glenview that was closed in 1995 and the land given back to the village of Glenview. There is not much to do in Glenview, but it does have some small and large parks. However, there are interesting things for the visitor in the close by cities.
1. Take a walk in the botanical gardens: The Chicago Botanical Gardens is a rare treat for people who like plants and flowers. There is a large variety of plants over here ranging from the English rose to Japanese plants, where one can spend a leisurely afternoon. For more information on the Gardens click on the link.
2. Something for the young at heart to do: The Kohl's Children's Museum has plenty to offer young children. The Great Kohl Ship is a huge attraction for the children and they can play all sorts of imaginary games on it. Parents should watch out as the ship's bell is rang constantly! For more information on the Kohl's Museum click on the link.
3. Try some Nova Scotia lobster: The Palm is a family owned business and the beef and lobster dishes are absolutely delightful. They have branches both uptown and downtown in Chicago. For more information on the Resturant click on the link.
4. Listen to a dramatized voice on stage: The Writers' Theater is located in a bookstore and is known for dramatizing the play writer's voice. Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen have staged their plays here. For more information on the Theater click on the link.
5. Take a leisurely walk in a park: There are several small and big parks in Glenview, where one can go for a walk or have a family picnic.