Goldsboro Car Rental Comparison
Goldsboro is a wonderful city located in North Carolina, United States. Goldsboro is part of Wayne County, and has a population of about 37.900 residents on an area of 24.8 square miles (64.3 square kilometers). Goldsboro was incorporated as a city in 1847, but its history starts around the year 1787 when the area was first settled. Nowadays, Goldsboro is one of the most important cities of the county, being a popular destination among tourists who want to enjoy a relaxing vacation. Among some top attractions in the city make sure to also include the Oheb Shalom, the second oldest synagogue in the state.
Top Attractions within Goldsboro
The Paramount Theater is one of the most important venues of the city. The theater was built in 1882, but it had been reconstructed in 2008. However, the Victorian Italianate style of the building was really well preserved. Numerous shows and stage performances can be watched in this location and visiting this place will surely be a great entertainment option for you.
Herman Park is one of the most popular parks that can be visited in Goldsboro. The park actually is located in the center of the city. The recreational options that can be found in this location will offer all visitors the possibility to enjoy an amazing time. Here you will find tennis courts, picnic areas, recreational spots, but also playground areas for children. Although this is an amazing place to visit, you should know that Goldsboro Parks and Recreation include 11 parks and 3 recreation centers.
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park is a beautiful state park located in Goldsboro, on an area of more than 751 acres. The views in this park are really spectacular, as it is set along Neuse River, while the recreational options include hiking tails, fishing, picnic areas, but also a nature museum.
The Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course is one of the oldest in the city. It was built in 1941, but renovated in 1999. Here you are definitely going to enjoy an unique golfing experience and the highest quality services.
Top 5 Things to do in Goldsboro
Goldsboro is located in Wayne County, North Carolina and is a city with a rich history. It is currently known as home to the Seymour Johnson Air Base. In 1961, two hydrogen bombs were dropped on a close by village by accident by the crew of a B-52 that had developed a fault. Luckily both the bombs did not detonate. There is plenty for the visitor to see and do in Goldsboro. It is also listed as one of the best places to live in America.
1. Take a walk down history lane: A visit to the Waynesborough Historical village is educational. The buildings in the village have been restored and belong to different periods in the history of America. It also has a Quaker meeting house.
2. Spend a day out in the park: The Herman Park has many attractions for everyone in the family; there are miniature trains, picnic shelters, gazebos, and children playground and tennis courts.
3. Take time off for golf: The Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course is one of the oldest golf courses in the country and was made in 1941. It was reconstructed in 1991 under the supervision of the famous golf course architect, John LaFoy.
4. Taste southern food: There are two southern barbeque restaurants, which interestingly face each other and offer excellent southern style food. These are the Wilbur's and the McCall's.
5. Walk around town: There are plenty of historical buildings that one can visit while walking around Goldsboro, as it is a city that was incorporated as far back as 1847 and was a major city for the confederates during the Civil War.